[Disclaimer: Article written by a Guest Writer provided by Social Monsters]
You pay for Netflix, DirectTV, cable, on-demand, pay-per-view, pretty much everything. But not anymore. If you have a mobile device, you can watch TV on it for free.
Event better, you will be able to do other things at the same time. If you have a tablet, you can surf the Internet, chat and check your email all while watching one of your TV shows—multitasking at its best.
You don’t have to hack anything. You don’t have to go to some backdoor website that streams about two minutes of your show and then stops. Just pick up any mobile device of your choice and watch some free TV. Here’s the scoop on how to get free TV from three major phone service providers.
While we were all so busy with the iPhone 6 update and with what Apple was offering with the new iOS 8, Amazon had silently updated its Kindle family line up to include five new devices. We have a brand new affordable Kindle with touch-screen priced at $79, the Kindle Voyage (best thing to date), Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle Fire HD 6″ Edition/7″ Edition, and the Kindle Fire HD Kids edition as well.
Since the fall season has just begun I thought to share with you a month by month look at what is premiering, etc. This is an A4 sized calendar showing you what shows are coming back. We had an amendment to the original Fall TV 2014 list where MYSTERIES OF LAURA has been pushed up to premiere on September 17 instead of the 24th!
Please enjoy it! And remember to source and everything!
Something I wished to share with you all is a price list I have combined from the Apple Online Stores in the US, UK, Hong Kong, Australia, Germany, Italy, and United Arab Emirates. You see prices are available now and I thought what better way than to compare and provide you with a reference so when the phones arrive in Kuwait you will know exactly how much the mark-up is.
The US, UK, Hong Kong, Australia and Germany will all be getting the iPhone on September 19 with the pre-order starting on September 12. While Italy will have it available on September 26 and United Arab Emirates on September 27. KSA and Qatar have also been announced to have the iPhone available on September 25 but no price list has been made available as they will be provided by telecom companies.
Note: US Prices are available (Without Tax) and (With a calculated NYC tax). The US T-Mobile Contract-Free model will work in Kuwait and is the Unlocked version.
Many of you asked how I place my orders? Well I go to Apple.com US Store, select one of the T-Mobile (Contract Free) models and pay with my American-Issued Credit Card and have it shipped to my sister’s apartment in NYC and she then ships it to me via FedEx. Ordering to Aramex is not a guarantee for you, as orders might be cancelled. However, Borderlinx DHL addresses and MyUS addresses should be fine as I placed orders before shipping to them. You are also limited to two devices per person.
Personally I’m grabbing the iPhone 6 128GB in Champagne Gold first while I wait for the iPhone 6 Plus to be available at my telecom and purchase that on contract. What about you guys? Hope this helped?
Apple finally brought the “One more thing” back with the announcement of the Apple Watch. This watch is one of the most beautiful watches I have ever seen. The slight glitch here though is that it won’t be available until Early 2015 but hey that means I get to have more time to save up and grab it! The watch us designed to be both fashionable and functional and comes with six different types of watch straps that are interchangeable. The price starts at $349 and goes up with each different watch face/edition. We were given a glimpse into the life of the Apple Watch and here is what’s up with it.
- Six different watch face colors and materials: Stainless Steel, Silver Aluminum, 18-Karat Yellow Gold, Space Black Stainless Steel, Space Grey Aluminum, and 18-Karat Rose Gold
- Three Collections also available:
- Watch Collection: Stainless Steel or Black Stainless Steel cases with range of metal and leather bands
- Watch Sport Collection: Anodized Aluminum cases in silver or space gray with colorful, durable bands
- Watch Edition: 18-Karat Gold cases in Yellow or Rose with exquisitely crafted bands and closures
- Two sizes: 38mm and 42mm
- Sapphire display with a touch screen
- Digital Crown as a method of navigation or “home button” on the watch
- Pressure-sensing technology
- Taptic Engine
- New S1 processor
- Magsafe Wireless charging through the back zirconia crafted four sapphire lenses which also detect pulse rate
- Gyroscope and accelerometer which means it can replace fitness bands
- Fitness and Workout apps available
- NFC for Apple Pay support.
Personally I’m dying here waiting for this beautiful watch! It’s insanely gorgeous and I have never seen anything that beautiful ever! I’m debating highly getting the rose-gold edition with a couple of straps but have to see how pricing works out there. Couldn’t Early 2015 come here sooner!
In today’s special Apple event we witnessed another milestone in the iPhone history. We were introduced to the new larger, thinner, and insanely better iPhones. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6Plus. Both phones will be available for pre-order on September 12 (this Friday) and available for purchase on September 19. iOS8 will be available as a free download on September 17.
What’s new in the iPhones?
- Retina HD display (The 6 will have 1334 x 750 display at 326 ppi & 6Plus will have 1920 x 1080 at 401 pip). That means they will have up to 2 million more pixels than existing phones
- Next generation 64-bit A8 chip which delivers 25% faster CPU performance and 50% more energy efficient
- Next generation M8 processor with a new barometer that calculates steps, stairs, calories, etc.
- 20 LTE Bands with higher speeds and VoLTE (Voice over LTE) technology
- 3 times faster Wifi with Wifi Calling
- Thin (The 6 will be 6.9mm thin while the 6Plus is 7.1mm)
- Battery life (The 6 has Up to 14hrs talk time on 3G, 6Plus has 24hrs talk time on 3G)
- New Camera System with new 8MP sensor, along with circular true-tone flash, and FOCUS PIXEL technology which gets better autofocus points. As well as Image stabilization system (digital in the iPhone 6 and optical in the iPhone 6Plus)
- Video capabilities have improved where they both shoot in 1080P at 30fps and 60fps, along with 240fps for slo-mo video.
- Front-facing FaceTimeHD has a new sensor with f2.2 aperture that lets in 81% more light. SELFIES ARE BETTER NOW!
- Both come in three colors: Space Grey, Silver, and Gold
- Both come in three sizes: 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB (no more 32GB!)
16GB [$649] around 187 KWD (without tax and shipping)
64GB [$749] around 215 KWD (without tax and shipping)
128GB [$849] around 244 KWD (without tax and shipping)
16GB [$749] around 215 KWD (without tax and shipping)
64GB [$849] around 244 KWD (without tax and shipping)
128GB [$949] around 273 KWD (without tax and shipping)
It’s that time of the year, fall, when the leaves start falling and Apple prepares to announce their latest iPhone! I can’t bloody wait for the announcement!
You can watch a live stream of the event over at Apple.com/Live or follow some gadget blogs such as Engadget, Gizmodo, TheVerge, or MacRumors. I will personally be live tweeting the event over on Twitter, so be sure to follow me @Jacquies!
— Jacqui (@Jacquies) September 9, 2014
I apologize in advance for the flood of iPhone related tweets and going fanboy crazy :P