Growing up I think we all used to watch “Bill Nye, the Science Guy” I still remember the intro song and pretty much sing his name whenever I read it hehe. Well he recently released a video on YouTube explaining what’s happening with Climate Change in an easy simple way.
Watch it and tell me if you don’t also get it now. Man I loved his show, he was the reason I enjoyed science growing up until I got to High School where I started to hate it again.
Ramadan Mubarak Everyone! I know I’m a little late in sending out the greetings and everything but I haven’t been feeling that well since I came back from NYC. I also have been a bit late when it comes to providing you all with the #RamadanTV2015List but I was still on the fence on whether I should make one this year or not. I haven’t found a decent show to watch and well it was a bit depressing but many of you sent me personal messages asking for it politely and I thought oh I can’t say no now!
It’s that time of the year again, I’m back in the city where I pretty much leave my heart in! I’m back in New York! The Big Apple! Gosh darnit every time I’m back I feel as if I’m going back to paradise really, a dirty smelly one sometimes but still its gorgeous and fun to be in!
New York to me is what London is to some of you. I like the busy streets, the concrete pavements, the insane amount of awesome shops and pretty much everything else! This time wasn’t that much different I arrived around 4-5pm and finished with the immigration as well as baggage claim, headed to my sisters place where we then headed out to my favorite restaurant in NYC!
Max Brenners! I love that chocolate shop and it’s really a magical place for me, I usually have the Brenner Burger or the Penne Alfredo pasta when I’m there but a must have is the Classic European Chocolate fondue simply because who can say no to chocolate!
I wanted to catch a movie that night but I thought maybe I should tone myself down a bit. For this trip I have a bunch of movies on my list to watch, I’ll be sharing that within the upcoming posts and who knows I might share some other things that I like about this city. This really is to remind me of how awesome this city is and to bring back my “Travel Log” days. I know I’m insanely lazy about this place but hey I’ve got a new medium to type on and use to share my thoughts so maybe I’ll be sharing more stuff!
[Disclaimer: Content Provided by Guest Writer from SocialMonsters]
Satire has been used for thousands of years to call attention to and ridicule the questionable beliefs of others. For example, Aesop used satire in his fables and authors such as Mark Twain and Jonathan Swift used their stories to humorously expose a variety of foibles, such as racism and poverty.
The goal of satire is to comment on or to try to change some aspect of society that the author does not agree with. Satire also can take difficult topics and make them more relatable or understandable. Because it relies on humor to get its point across, satire typically uses exaggeration as part of the message. Today, satire can be found in a variety of plays, television shows and movies.
So it’s that time of the month, week, whenever I find a lot of TV news and decide its time to share it with you guys because right now all we seem to be doing is watching more and more TV! So let’s find out what has been renewed and what has been cancelled? And it’s quite a list, lots of renewals but less cancellations. Something new has been happening on the TV front in which most networks renewed their shows earlier than the May deadline they used to have so now we know more about which shows are coming back and which aren’t. Season finales are creeping up now that we are in Mid-April, come end of May we’ll be saying good-bye to most of our beloved shows until next September.
- ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK has been renewed for Season 4 by Netflix
- VEEP has been renewed for Season 5 by HBO
- SILICON VALLEY has been renewed for Season 3 by HBO
- BLOODLINE has been renewed for Season 2 by Netflix
- THE LAST MAN ON EARTH has been renewed for Season 2 by FOX
- HOUSE OF CARDS has been renewed for Season 4 by Netflix
- BOSCH has been renewed for Season 2 by Amazon
- HOUSE OF LIES has been renewed for Season 5 by Showtime
- THE AMERICANS has been renewed for Season 4 by FX
- NEW GIRL has been renewed for Season 5 by FOX
- VIKINGS has been renewed for Season 4 by History Channel
- LEAH REMINI: IT’S ALL RELATIVE has been renewed for Season 2 by TLC
- SLEEPY HOLLOW has been renewed for Season 3 by FOX
- HINDSIGHT has been renewed for Season 2 by VH1
- EYE CANDY has been cancelled by MTV
- DOWNTON ABBEY ending after Season 6
- LOOKING has been cancelled by HBO
- TAXI BROOKLYN has been cancelled by NBC
- EMERALD CITY has been revived by NBC with a straight-to-series order
- BEAUTY & THE BEAST returns for Season 3 on THU MAY 21
- AQUARIUS(new) premieres its Season 1 on THU MAY 28
- THE WHISPERS(new) premieres on MON JUNE 1
- PRETTY LITTLE LIARS returns for Season 6 on TUE JUNE 2
- STITCHERS(new) premieres on TUE JUNE 2
- ROYAL PAINS returns for Season 7 on TUE JUNE 2
- CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST returns for Season 3 on TUE JUNE 2
- MELISSA & JOEY returns from mid-season break on WED JUNE 3
- BABY DADDY returns from mid-season break on WED JUNE 3
- HANNIBAL returns for Season 3 on THU JUNE 4
- THE FOSTERS returns from mid-season break MON JUNE 8
- BECOMING US(new) premieres on MON JUNE 8
- TYRANT returns for Season 2 on TUE JUNE 16
- COMPLICATIONS(new) premieres on THU JUNE 18
- MISTRESSES returns for Season 3 on THU JUNE 18
- TRUE DETECTIVE returns for Season 2 on SUN JUNE 21
- SUITS returns for Season 5 on WED JUNE 24
- MR ROBOT(new) premieres on WED JUNE 24
- GRACELAND returns for Season 3 on THU JUNE 25
- ROOKIE BLUE returns for Season 6 on THU JUNE 25
- HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT returns for Season 3 on TUE JULY 7
- RAY DONOVAN returns for Season 3 on SUN JULY 12
- MASTERS OF SEX returns for Season 3 on SUN JULY 12
- SEX&DRUGUS&ROCK&ROLL(new) premieres on THU JULY 16
- MARRIED returns for Season 2 on THU JULY 16
- WELCOME TO SWEDEN returns for Season 2 on SUN JULY 19
If only I could lose weight and tone my body by thinking about the workouts rather than go through with them. I’ve started going back to a gym but the problem is that I’m not going as often as I’d like. I would’ve loved to go 5 days a week or hell 3 days a week.
Unfortunately, I wake up in the morning feeling exhausted and not wanting to pack my gym bag so I decide not to go today, but tomorrow I will definitely go to the gym. It works for a few days and instead I end up going to the gym twice a week instead of the amount of times I really want to.
Every day I listen to some music I dance like crazy in my head, I imagine the work-outs and the dance-outs but when it comes to actually doing them I’m too lazy to get off the couch or even my chair. Do any of you feel the same way?
I want to lose a ton of weight but I am too lazy and I’m an emotional eater to go through the process. I would decide at the end of the day that tomorrow I won’t emotionally eat but in the end I find myself ordering that heavy creamy pasta and drinking tons of soda. I really need to improve my willpower. I miss my younger body, my older body now can not even be used for spare parts because its rundown!
Excuse me while I run a marathon in my head, because in reality going up two flights of stairs will have me huffing and puffing like crazy :P
Blame it on the allergy season, I seem to have a problem breathing the moment I wake up, I’m always stuffy and it just annoys me to the point where I might get a headache from how stuffy I am.
Sometimes in life we need to take a moment just to breathe in and breathe out to calm our anxiety, our nerves, our everything basically. I might be experiencing that sometimes, but then at the same time I just find myself ignoring the problem hopefully until it disappears or goes away. Unfortunately that’s not always the right fix.
Even though I hate Google from coming up with Android or doing whatever it is they are doing, I really wish I was working in one of their buildings. Sometimes just sometimes its fun to have a gym, napping pods, play rooms, etc in your work place in order to blow off some steam and get the creative juices flowing, I think they might even have steam rooms who knows.
It’s at times like these where I just want to drop everything and start running on a treadmill or whatever I just want to pump up that heart of mine but instead I am stuck on this uncomfortable chair in this uncomfortable room.
I’m a bit bored really. Why can’t we finish work at 12pm that’ll be ideal :P Just kidding, if the old me heard this, she would just beat me up.
One month left until VACATION TIME!