[TV News] The Cancellations of Late 2012
So I thought that since it’s been a while since I graced you with any TV news that I should organize it into 3 separate posts entitles: (The Cancellations of Late 2012), (The Premiere Dates), and (The Renewals and Full Season Pickups). And since I know you might like it to be short and sweet I thought I’d give you that as well.
Lots of news has circled the TV-sphere about shows which premiered last summer, this fall, or even some existing shows getting the boot. And well I’m here to lay all the speculation to rest and give you facts, facts, and more facts!
The series which were cancelled or is ending this season are:
- “Private Practice” is set to end at the end of Season 6, since last May, Kate Walsh had mentioned that she would be done with the series by the end of its 13th episode and that drove everyone to frantic speculation as to whether the show will go on without a Dr. Addison Montegomery, not to mention a few other regulars mentioning that they will want to leave once their contract is up which is at the end of the 13th episode, which made Shonda Rhime’s decision extra clear: The show will end at the end of this season. [I personally think that its about time for it to end although I will sorely miss Cooper and Charlotte as they are the only couple I root for on this show, I just hope “Grey’s Anatomy” gets the boot as well it’s starting to annoy the hell out of me right now.] [Source]
- “Gossip Girl” is ending as most of you already know and well the end is crawling closer to us, we are set with a two hour series finale that is scheduled to air on December 17th (almost one month from this week). [I personally have started to hate this season except for one story line which happens to include Chuck and Blair, the rest of the season has become one incestous infected gene pool of everyone sleeping with everyone else and it’s just too blekh for me. So I’m ready to see a happily ever after for my Bluck or Chair!] [Source]
- “Fringe” has received an official finale date from FOX network, and the date is, drum roll please…….. January 18. The show has already begun its season and has only two episodes left to air which will be part of its two-hour series finale on January 18. To those of you who follow the show I guess its time to say goodbye to it. [Source]
- “Fairly Legal” the USA network series starring Sarah Shahi has been kicked to the curb along with “Common Law.” The young lawyer turned to legal mediator will no longer practice her meditations on screen and we will no longer see her gorgeous ex-husband “Battlestar Galactica” star Michael Trucco try to win her over with his charm. But I guess this is not the end for the star as she has something else in the works and it could be a winner. [I personally will miss this show it was fun while it lasted :(] [Source]
- “Common Law” has officially been cancelled. The series which aired last summer and starred the gorgeous Michael Ealy and Warren Kole has come to an end due to the fact that it didn’t do extra well in the ratings. [I personally hated this decision as I loved the show dearly, the chemistry between the two male leads was instantaneous and awesome I will miss your gorgeous blues Michael!] [Source]
- “Political Animals” a series which USA network first advertised as a mini series but later on alluded to it getting a second season has been cancelled. The series was brilliant not to mention genius in its portrayal of Sigourney Weaver as Elain Barrish, ex-wife of the former US President who was running for president but later on became the US secretary of state (a la Hilary Clinton style). The show follows her life after losing the democratic nomination and with her running the Secretary of State office, as well as her family dealing with her womanizing ex-husband, her two sons and mother. [I personally LOVED this show and was excited to see more of it but I am glad that it at least got to air its first full season of 6 episodes, I highly recommend you watch this even though its been cancelled it’s awesome!] [Source]
With that I end my “Cancellation of Late 2012″ post and stay tuned for the next two parts “The Premiere Dates” and “The Renewals and Full Season Pickups”.
About the author
I am a Kuwaiti Apple and gadget girl freak, who gets bored of her blog layouts so much that I change them like I crazy. Currently I work in a newspaper and if you don't see me around I'm being sucked into my job reviewing TV Shows and APPS! This is my space where I vent and release everything, welcome to it.