Apple held the World Wide Developer’s Convention (WWDC) last Monday June 13, 2016 and took the time to give us updates regarding the four different platforms it uses. To watch what happened during the Keynote you can stream it off of their website here.
I’m here tho to give you a brief summary (as brief as I can get) of what happened and the updates to the four different platforms: #watchOS, #tvOS, #macOS, and #iOS. So let’s get cracking!
Wrapping up the Apple “Hey Siri” Event was the announcement of the new #iPhone6S family. And just as we read earlier in the rumors and leaked info everything came to light. So what’s new? Apart from the new ROSE GOLD color?
- A9 64-bit chip and an M9 motion co-processor that deliver 70% faster CPU performance and 90% faster graphics
- 3D Touch which is similar to the Force Touch on the Apple Watch that enables users to “peek and pop” different content on their phone. It’s just so cool!
- NEW 12-megapixel iSight camera with 4K video recording and 5-megapixel front-facing FaceTime camera with True-tone Retina Flash
- Second-generation TouchID fingerprint scanner
- Its crafted from Series 7000 aluminum and comes in ROSE GOLD, Gold, Space Grey, and Silver. The iPhone 6S gained a bit of weight and is now at 7.1mm thick
- Available for Pre-order on Saturday, September 12 at 12:01 AM Pacific with a Friday, September 25 launch in United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
Prices remain the same with no change at all and available in 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities.
I’m grabbing one but right now I’m debating whether it should be Rose Gold or Gold? Hmmm such a hard choice! Also hard is the fact that I leave NYC on September 25! So I am not sure how I can grab mine so quickly! I just need to do a couple of things to ensure it!
And with that I conclude the summary of last night’s event! Hopefully this was helpful!
Another one of the major announcements was the fact that #iOS9 will finally be available as a free update on all your iOS devices on Wednesday, September 16!
With this new update you get to interact better with your iPad with the introduction of the new multi-tasking features that let you view and interact with two apps at once, side by side. Along with Picture-in-Picture; a redesigned Notes app; detailed Transit information on Maps; and an all-new News app that makes #Flipboard look like a thing fro the past.
It’s been a few years since #AppleTV saw an update and Apple decided they needed to revolutionize their product with some great updates. It’s built from the ground up with new generation of high-performance hardware and introduces Siri Remote and an all new tvOS system.
- It’s all about the Apps. There is a new App Store available for the Apple TV now.
- Siri Remote helps you navigate with your voice or with some touch gestures which is easier now!
- Games! Your Siri Remote doubles as a game controller and you can now enjoy some games on your big screen TV!
- Available Late October at the price of $149 for 32GB and $199 for 64GB models.
During the keynote we were given a demo and basically what I saw was a merge of some amazing products in one awesome package. You get an Amazon Fire TV with your Siri Remote but it’s been revamped and feels like it works so much better; at the same time you get a Wii but with some cool games; while maintaining your Apple TV aspect and the amazing stores we are used to! I desperately want one!
Apple decided to unveil and show us the new #iPadPro which they have been working on. It’s a brand new iPad that’ll join the iPad Air 2 and iPad mini line-up and is geared towards increased productivity!
What’s New in the #iPadPro?
- 12.9-inch Tablet with 5.6 million pixels Retina Display. It has more pixels than a 15″ MacBook Pro Retina. (Resolution of 2732 x 2048)
- 64-bit A9X processor that delivers 1.6 times faster performance than iPad Air 2 with twice as fast graphics! (Basically this beast runs 80% faster than most portable PCs)
- Measures 6.9mm thick and weighs 1.57 pounds. It’s slim but a little thicker than the iPad Air 2 but weighs as much as an iPad 1 did before. I guess it’ll hurt when it smacks you in the nose? :P
- Comes in Space Grey, Gold, and Silver and has 3 variations which you can see below and will be available in NOVEMBER!
- 32GB WiFi Only $799 (Roughly 242 KWD without TAX)
- 128GB WiFi Only $949 (Roughly 287 KWD without TAX)
- 128GB WiFi + LTE $1079 (Roughly 326 KWD without TAX)
With its large screen you get an increased space for multi-tasking purposes where you can actually run two apps side by side and not feel as if they are too small!
Yesterday evening we witnessed Apple’s “Hey Siri” event which took place in San Francisco. We saw the announcement and updates on a a range of products but the first thing we got to were the #AppleWatch updates!
Apple Watch has been doing so well, they announced a new line of Apple Watch Sport Band colors along with new metal finishes for the Watch Sport line-up. We now have a GOLD and ROSE GOLD anodized aluminum model that starts at $349 and $399 price-point. The new finishes and bands are available now and can be purchased online.
One of the first things announced during the Apple Event was an update to the existing Apple TV (which hasn’t been updated for over 3 years). The Apple TV received a new entry price at $69 making it very affordable and anyone who thought $99 was too much and skipped out on it should just go out and buy one.
Why? You ask….
Because, HBO has a new streaming content deal called “HBO Now” available exclusively with Apple. This service will debut in April and be available for $14.99 per month, no cable subscription required and anyone who joins in April will get the first month for free. HBO Now will include past and current television shows and movies.
I hope it won’t be like “Netflix” and “Hulu” with a region restriction because if not I will be subscribing, just in time for the return of Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley and so much more!
Other tidbits from the event:
- Apple announced ResearchKit: a system that lets iPhone users contribute to the world’s scientific research about health and medicine. It is open source and launches next month with the first five apps available today. The data is private and only the researchers can see them.
- iOS 8.2 with the Apple Watch app is available now for your iOS devices. The Apple Watch app is similar to the App Store and Tips app offering you some good apps and how-to tutorials.
- ApplePay is now available in 700,000 locations and some of which were vending machines.
- CarPlay will be available in 40 major car brands by end of the year.
And with that I’m done with providing you an update on everything that happened at the event. Hope that summarizes it nicely?