Late Thursday evening (24th February) Apple celebrated Steve Jobs birthday by announcing an update to their MacBook Pro Line. However, not all of the rumors that were circulating around the internet came true, we did not see a brand new redesign nor did we see the elimination of the optical drive. The updates were more in terms of speed instead of design and so here is a summary of the updates:
Apple included Quad Core CPUs into all of their notebooks, starting from the 13″ high end model and ending with the 17″ model Quad Core i7 processors are included which is awesome! It’ll be insanely fast! While many of the available applications may not take advantage of all 4 cores, the Sandy Bridge processors include Intel’s Turbo Boost 2.0 which should increase the speed of the remaining cores. Apple also included a hybrid Thunderbolt/mini Display port on the new MacBook Pros and represents Intel’s Light Peak technology which gives high speed connections and is expected to replace the need for USB 3.0.
The new models available at the Apple Store are as follows:
- Base 13″ Model: 2.3GHz Dual i5 Intel Processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Intel HD Graphics 1280×800 Display [$1199]
- High End 13″ Model: 2.7GHz Dual i7 Intel Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD Graphics 1280×800 Display [$1499]
- Base 15″ Model: 2.0GHz Quad Core i7 Intel Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD 6490M 256MB 1440×900 Display [$1799]
- High End 15″ Model: 2.2GHz Quad Core i7 Intel Processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, AMD 6750M 1GB 1440×900 Display [$2199]
- 17″ Model: 2.2GHz Quad Core i7 Intel Processor, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, ADM 6750M 1GB 1920×1200 Display [$2499]
Buy Now [Link]
Happy Birthday Mr. Steve Jobs! My one and only true boss in this world because seriously I have never had any trouble selling someone an Apple product. If I worked at Apple I would be employee of the month all year round LOL! I already own all of their stuff anyways and I easily convince family members/friends/strangers to go ahead and purchase one beautiful Apple product after another!
I chose this post to sum up everything we are expecting within the next few days:
- MacBook Pros are allegedly being updated today perhaps or within the next few days with brand new processors, a new design, and so much more [Link]
- March 2nd has been reserved as an awesome day where we will be seeing the next version of the iPad, dubbed the iPad 2! [Can't wait!] [Link][Link]
I am the most gadget-crazed girl I know of, but I think my mom can join that race as well. But I love great deals more than the gadgets themselves so earlier last week when I posted about that awesome iPod Shuffle 4th Generation deal I had already grabbed a few, I actually purchased 3 and had a complimentary coupon from Sheeel.com to try their service in which I got the 4th iPod Shuffle.
The service is awesome and easy, you just sign up, find a deal you love which is available for 24 hours or until the stock is sold out, and within 1 business day you will have your package waiting for you at your door step. Small packages get charged 1 KD shipping via DHL and big ones get charged 2 KD shipping. If you’ve tried Taw9eel.com then you know how great their delivery service is!
Not only did I grab the 4 iPod Shuffles, I also grabbed the Konica Minolta printers that were offerred for 25KD each the next couple of days. They were an awesome deal and I loved it.
I highly recommend you all to head on over there and grab whatever deal that tickles your fancy, be sure to stay on the look out at midnight :D
P.S. Not all the iPod Shuffles are for me, the Silver is mine, Blue is for Isous, Green is for Toons, and Pink is for the birthday girl Lujain :D
I have literally become obsessed with Apple products, if you haven’t seen that before well today marks my decent into the darkest times I’ve ever been in!
I will list for you today my iPod Family which lives with me in various parts of my room and house.
The iPod Nano Collection:
- iPod Nano 1st Generation (I bought this the year the Nano was introduced)
- iPod Nano 3rd Generation (I bought this when the design changed drastically to the square-shape)
- iPod Nano 5th Generation (The introduction of the Camera & the fact I have previously purchased the odd-generations) Birthday Gift
- iPod Nano 6th Generation (The newly drastically changed design! I bought this last September when the Nano went touch)
The iPod Shuffle Collection:
- iPod Shuffle 3rd Generation (I bought this to accompany me to the gym last year, the month I got it I stopped going to the gym hehe)
- iPod Shuffle 4th Generation (I bought this today when I saw an awesome deal on Sheeel.com for 10/- KD)
The iPod Classic:
- iPod 5.5 Generation (I got this a while back the 80GB model to carry all my music with me which at the time was around 60-70GB)
- iPod Classic (160GB) (The latest and unchanged model, I got this because of an awesome deal at Jarir plus to have all my music on it)
The iPod Touch:
- iPod Touch 1st Generation (I was against the iPhone when it was released and thought the touch would be good enough)
- iPod Touch 4th Generation (They added a camera, and I needed something to play games on instead of filling my iPhone4 with games, it was also a great deal at Al-Ghanim Electronics last weekend where I got it for 87/-KD with a case [32GB model])
And that my friends is the limit of my insanity, I actually have all of the iPod Nano family divided between me and my younger sisters, and I don’t know why but I am this crazy about it! I actually use them from time to time, some more than others but that’s another story.
The Apple news of the month didn’t stop only with the announcement of the Verizon iPhone or the Mac App Store, but they also announced the upcoming release of iOS 4.3 by seeding it to App Developers and releasing some details on what to expect.
Some of the features that have been leaked about the iPad 2.0 also made way on the Internet waves so I’ll dedicate this post to that information:
iOS 4.3 Features: [Everything You Need To Know]
- New Multi-tasking gestures (Four finger swipe and five) [Link] [Link]
- Personal Hotspot to iOS devices (iPhone) [Link]
- iPad’s Mute Switch can be either Mute or Orientation Switch [Link]
- Camera Effects [Link]
- Photobooth to iOS [Link]
- Evidence to 2 cameras [Link] [Link]
- Might Come with a Proximity Sensor [Link]
- Perhaps a Retina Display [Link]
- Higher Resolution Screen, SD Card Slot, 2 Cameras [Link] [Link]
MacWorld is Next Week are you excited? [Link] I know I am!
MacWorld is not yet here and we have had a busy few weeks with announcements from Apple. On the 6th of January, Apple launched the Mac App Store within a Software Update for Snow Leopard and it is one of the awesomest things out there, it really ties almost all of Apple’s products to one interface in which we have an iTunes Store, iTunes App Store, and now a Mac App Store. All our software available in one area for download whether it’s free or not, you will be able to find it.
Another important announcement last week on the 11th of January was the “Verizon iPhone” finally appearing and joining the “AT&T iPhone”. Apple has finally given US consumers the option to have a choice between the two different service providers. Some of the key features that the “Verizon iPhone” has are: CDMA device rather than a GSM which means it is not going to take advantage of the higher speeds of their 4G Network, it looks exactly the same as the iPhone 4 however with a redesigned Antenna style, and will run iOS 4.2.5 which has the special feature of “Personal Hotspot” in other words you can have your personal Mi-Fi on your iPhone now. [Link] [Everything you need to know][Verizon iPhone as Wi-Fi Hotspot] The Verizon iPhone will be available on the 10th of February 2011. [More Links][And More]
I am on a Birthday binge lately as in talking about it non-stop asking for gifts, creating wishlists, and now I have stooped to a new low and I am asking for the exact cakes I want for my birthday. This year has been a major Apple year for me therefore I want an iPhone or iPad Cake! or something Apple-ish! The best examples of this is shown below and seriously loved them!
[Note: Birthday is December 4th and not now but I am crazy with Birthday fever]
Should I go with cupcakes?
Or actual huge cake?
Original idea [Source]