Apple finally brought the “One more thing” back with the announcement of the Apple Watch. This watch is one of the most beautiful watches I have ever seen. The slight glitch here though is that it won’t be available until Early 2015 but hey that means I get to have more time to save up and grab it! The watch us designed to be both fashionable and functional and comes with six different types of watch straps that are interchangeable. The price starts at $349 and goes up with each different watch face/edition. We were given a glimpse into the life of the Apple Watch and here is what’s up with it.
- Six different watch face colors and materials: Stainless Steel, Silver Aluminum, 18-Karat Yellow Gold, Space Black Stainless Steel, Space Grey Aluminum, and 18-Karat Rose Gold
- Three Collections also available:
- Watch Collection: Stainless Steel or Black Stainless Steel cases with range of metal and leather bands
- Watch Sport Collection: Anodized Aluminum cases in silver or space gray with colorful, durable bands
- Watch Edition: 18-Karat Gold cases in Yellow or Rose with exquisitely crafted bands and closures
- Two sizes: 38mm and 42mm
- Sapphire display with a touch screen
- Digital Crown as a method of navigation or “home button” on the watch
- Pressure-sensing technology
- Taptic Engine
- New S1 processor
- Magsafe Wireless charging through the back zirconia crafted four sapphire lenses which also detect pulse rate
- Gyroscope and accelerometer which means it can replace fitness bands
- Fitness and Workout apps available
- NFC for Apple Pay support.
Personally I’m dying here waiting for this beautiful watch! It’s insanely gorgeous and I have never seen anything that beautiful ever! I’m debating highly getting the rose-gold edition with a couple of straps but have to see how pricing works out there. Couldn’t Early 2015 come here sooner!
By now you must know that I am not your typical girl. I am the type of girl who is not even remotely interested in getting the latest high-end brand purse or shoes, or even clothes for that matter. Don’t get me wrong I do like to shop occasionally for some new clothes but its never something insane that I can’t afford or that I will need to save an arm and a leg for. My money is spent on something else… GADGETS!
You see some of my friends when they are looking for some retail therapy, they head over to the shoe stores or purses or even some jewelry. I myself scratch all of that out and head to the Electronics store and look for something geeky and interesting. It’s hard because sometimes, just sometimes I find myself in even more debt just because I want to have that particular gadget and I basically don’t have the amount on hand (especially since I am unemployed and semi-broke).
Want an example? Well last week Amazon unveiled a new set-top TV box called the Fire TV and granted at the moment I saw it, I was like “Hmmmmmmm, maybe and maybe not” but the price tag attached to it, which was 99$ made me think “What the hell, why not!” and so I am currently waiting on receiving my unit. I find myself promoting Amazon and its products to the Apple level in my books. As in, I find myself buying anything and everything Amazon releases simply because “Ohhhhhh that’s shiny!!!!” They say Sagittarians are easily distracted by shiny objects and tend to over spend on traveling and shiny objects, I actually agree.
So will it work in Kuwait, since we all know Amazon has placed some IP restrictions on its services being used outside of the US, I’m not sure but I’m willing to try and find out. I just find myself drooling and dreaming over new gadgets whether I need them or not, whether I will continue to use them or not, and really let’s just face it, if its not an Apple then there is a 100% chance I will lose interest in a week.
If only Santa were real and could send me every gadget out there for keeps!
P.S. If this is my Father reading, please don’t get mad, I just had to try this one out and it’s really not bad for a 99$ price-point. It’s not like I’m spending 999999$ :P
[To read more about the Amazon Fire TV check out Engadget's Review]
The latest addition to the MacBook line happened to lie in the brand new, MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
This beauty is simply amazing, it has an insanely large display with the portability of a MacBook Air. What does that mean? Well simply put this new addition is dubbed the “Next Generation MacBook Pro” it’s a model that discards the “old, legacy things” to make a new laptop that is radically thin and light. In the Apple video it’s referred to as “the very best computer that we’ve ever built.”
The new MacBook Pro has a 15.4″ Retina Display at a 2880×1800 resolution, 220 ppi with 5,184,000 pixels, and the display is directly built into the unibody construction so as to make the laptop lighter.
It includes a quad-core Ivy Bridge processor that goes all the way up to 2.8GHz and turbo boost up to 3.7 GHz, up to 16GB of MacBook Air-like non-upgradable 1600MHz RAM and a maximum of 768GB of SSD. The New MBP weighs in at 4.46 pounds and is 0.71″ thick but not tapered like the MacBook Air line. There is no optical drive.
This baby reportedly lasts for 7 hours with a standby time of 30 days. The ports available are an SD Card slot, HDMI, USB 3.0/2.0 combo port (right side), new MagSafe Power Port, 2 Thunderbolt ports, another USB 3.0/2.0 combo port and headphone jack (left). It has one of the best speakers built-in and a dual mic systems.
The pricing starts at 2,199$ for the base model and all models are available today and will ship with a special build of Lion with HiDPI support built-in.
Standard Model: 2.3Ghz quad-core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD 4000 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB [$2199]
Premium Model: 2.6GHz quad-core i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel HD 4000 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB [$2799]
Ships in 5 to 7 business days and you can order yours here.
I personally am drooling over this model and I’m looking forward to custom building one and ordering it! I just need to find the treasure hidden behind one of the floor tiles in my room to fund it!
It’s an established fact if there was a set of dishes or anything for that matter made by Apple I will definitely be first in line to grab it, yes I am an Apple freak and I’m proud of it! But that’s not the main topic here, most of you are wondering when the next iPhone (iPhone 5, the 6th generation iPhone, or the ‘new iPhone’ whatever it will be called) will be out?
The next iPhone will most likely be introduced in Fall 2012 meaning anytime between September – October 2012 and thus if you are not in a hurry to jump on the iPhone bandwagon I suggest you would wait it out! Reading all of those Apple rumors/news/everything really has given me a formula to which I base my predictions on, one thing that is noticed lately is that Apple has adopted a rule that once a year is up for a product they will update it, otherwise it’s too soon for that unless there is a major flaw or a major hardware update (read: the insides will get the bump but nothing about the shape will see a change). Hence come October the iPhone 4S will see it’s 1 year birthday meaning it’s time for it to move on.
Why do I want to camp out for this iPhone? Well not to rain on some of the features that are rumored to be in the next generation iPhone, one of which is a screen most definitely 4 inches or larger and a new form factor, I want to stand in line and grab me one of these gems because it was literally the last project my dear old Stevie Jobs was working on until the day he died! Wall Street Journal, Reuters, and Bloomberg all confirmed that the next generation iPhone will feature a design that Steve Jobs worked personally on, it will feature an “overhauled” look and will blow your minds away!
I figured this would be the best way to say Good Bye to a Legend such as Steve! It’ll be his 1 year death anniversary and thus worth for him to have a great memorial done to commemorate this day! So in short, I want to grab me a ticket to the UK and stand in line for a full day if not more just to grab me one of these awesome phones! And no matter what I will love it until the next model comes out.
What about you? Want to camp out for an iPhone? You know I did do it once, with the iPhone 3G but I didn’t camp out, I stood in line for 4 hours just to SEE it, not even to buy one! Well that is not until a few weeks later when I purchased one off of eBay! :P
I do not know what it has come down to but I must be sick or something because all of a sudden I’ve had a major urge to grab “The One!”
The HTC One X!
Picture via [Android Authority]
I think their marketing campaign is really good especially seeing the message you get the minute you open the box. “I’m the ONE you’ve been waiting for..” How genius is that! The white version of that phone is simply gorgeous and the specs are beautiful as well but the Apple Freak in me refuses to lay down a chunk of change for that monster!
Seriously I have never liked Android devices but this one has the power to tempt me to give them a better shot and I’m not sure if I will stay strong for a long time but until then I am faithfully and loyally tied to my sexy iPhone!
Yes my iPhone is my main phone anything and everything that I own is a secondary to that monster!
Can’t wait for iPhone 6th Generation this fall!
Just pre-ordered Apple’s latest iPad (you know I had to) Thanks to Daddy’s account and Sister #3’s shipping service I do not have to wait an insane amount of time to get it! Yay!
I grabbed myself the 64GB White 4G LTE Model (AT&T). Engraved it as well!
Thanks Daddy and D!
The main focus of the event was the “new iPad” which is the official name as we were all wrong, it’s not the “iPad 3″ nor the “iPad HD” it’s just plain “new iPad.” This beast brings plenty of new features to the table while maintaining the beautiful existing design! You know the saying “If it ain’t broke, no need to fix it!” And seriously with the redesign of the “iPad 2″ last year there was no need to drastically change the design of the new one, the only difference you will see is a slightly heavier frame by a mere few grams. The new dimentions are 9.4 mm thin and 1.4 lbs heavy.
So what was new in the announcement? Here is a short check list of all the features and as you all know I will be definitely WANTING me a sexy new beast! Somewhere in China a little kid is building my future child, and that child will be adopted into my existing cult of sexy Apple beasts!
- Retina Display: The iPad has an amazing display which makes everything look crisper and more lifelike, text is now razor sharp and colors are more vibrant. This baby now has 3.1 million pixels which is more than what your HDTV would have and the screen resolution is at 2048 x 1536. Just pure delicious!
- A5X Processor: To support that amazing display one has to have a powerful machine and therefore the processor performs 4 times faster than the existing iPad 2 processor and can even be more insane than NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 processor.
- iSight Camera: The camera has been upgraded to feature a 5-megapixel iSight camera with advanced optics, a backside illumination sensor, auto white balance, and face detection for awesome images. Think having your iPhone 4 with the camera capabilities of the iPhone 4S ! Auto-focus is also included to produce those amazing photos. For all of you who use your iPad 2 as a camera now you can truly call it a camera!
- 1080P Video Recording: You can now have amazing high definition video that is stabilized, has temporal noise reduction and just compliments the retina display of this sexy beast. Video recording will just be awesome!
- Voice Dictation: One of the best features of Siri is the fact that you can dictate what you want to her and she would type it up for you. Well the new “iPad” will have that in which it will be your virtual secretary. Voice dictation is available in US English, British, Australian, French, German, and Japanese.
- 4G LTE: You are now unleashed to enjoy the ultra fast 4G networks (although they are not fully avaiable in Kuwait) you can now experience the high speed internet as it has 21 Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE taking the cake at 73Mbps. In simple terms, this baby is uber fast!
- Personal Hotspot: That’s not all, now you can hot-spot your new iPad and share your internet with your nearby devices!
This “new iPad” will be available for pre-order starting today and will ship and be available in stores on March 16th (just as I predicted earlier today after reading some news). The prices remain the same however the “iPad 2″ will still be available in a 16GB model with a 100$ decrease. The new pricing table will be as follows:
iPad 2: 16GB (Wifi) $399, 16GB (3G) $529
New iPad (Wifi Only): 16GB $499, 32GB $599, and 64GB $699
New iPad (4G LTE): 16GB $629, 32GB $729, and 64GB $829
Pre-order yours today [Link]
Also, introduced was iPhoto for iPad and an update for Garage band, iMovie and iWork. iPhoto for iPad offers you a bunch of photo editing and comparison features, including auto-enhancements such as straightening photos and fixing contrast. Brush palettes offer a number of editing tools such as red-eye removal, lighten, sharpen, soften and darken. iPhoto for iPad can handle images up to 19 megapixels. It’s available today and priced at $4.99.
In short, that was mostly everything that Apple announced today among other games that will be available soon, of which I’m looking forward to “Infinity Blade: Dungeons“.