Something I wished to share with you all is a price list I have combined from the Apple Online Stores in the US, UK, Hong Kong, Australia, Germany, Italy, and United Arab Emirates. You see prices are available now and I thought what better way than to compare and provide you with a reference so when the phones arrive in Kuwait you will know exactly how much the mark-up is.
The US, UK, Hong Kong, Australia and Germany will all be getting the iPhone on September 19 with the pre-order starting on September 12. While Italy will have it available on September 26 and United Arab Emirates on September 27. KSA and Qatar have also been announced to have the iPhone available on September 25 but no price list has been made available as they will be provided by telecom companies.
Note: US Prices are available (Without Tax) and (With a calculated NYC tax). The US T-Mobile Contract-Free model will work in Kuwait and is the Unlocked version.
Many of you asked how I place my orders? Well I go to Apple.com US Store, select one of the T-Mobile (Contract Free) models and pay with my American-Issued Credit Card and have it shipped to my sister’s apartment in NYC and she then ships it to me via FedEx. Ordering to Aramex is not a guarantee for you, as orders might be cancelled. However, Borderlinx DHL addresses and MyUS addresses should be fine as I placed orders before shipping to them. You are also limited to two devices per person.
Personally I’m grabbing the iPhone 6 128GB in Champagne Gold first while I wait for the iPhone 6 Plus to be available at my telecom and purchase that on contract. What about you guys? Hope this helped?
In today’s special Apple event we witnessed another milestone in the iPhone history. We were introduced to the new larger, thinner, and insanely better iPhones. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6Plus. Both phones will be available for pre-order on September 12 (this Friday) and available for purchase on September 19. iOS8 will be available as a free download on September 17.
What’s new in the iPhones?
- Retina HD display (The 6 will have 1334 x 750 display at 326 ppi & 6Plus will have 1920 x 1080 at 401 pip). That means they will have up to 2 million more pixels than existing phones
- Next generation 64-bit A8 chip which delivers 25% faster CPU performance and 50% more energy efficient
- Next generation M8 processor with a new barometer that calculates steps, stairs, calories, etc.
- 20 LTE Bands with higher speeds and VoLTE (Voice over LTE) technology
- 3 times faster Wifi with Wifi Calling
- Thin (The 6 will be 6.9mm thin while the 6Plus is 7.1mm)
- Battery life (The 6 has Up to 14hrs talk time on 3G, 6Plus has 24hrs talk time on 3G)
- New Camera System with new 8MP sensor, along with circular true-tone flash, and FOCUS PIXEL technology which gets better autofocus points. As well as Image stabilization system (digital in the iPhone 6 and optical in the iPhone 6Plus)
- Video capabilities have improved where they both shoot in 1080P at 30fps and 60fps, along with 240fps for slo-mo video.
- Front-facing FaceTimeHD has a new sensor with f2.2 aperture that lets in 81% more light. SELFIES ARE BETTER NOW!
- Both come in three colors: Space Grey, Silver, and Gold
- Both come in three sizes: 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB (no more 32GB!)
16GB [$649] around 187 KWD (without tax and shipping)
64GB [$749] around 215 KWD (without tax and shipping)
128GB [$849] around 244 KWD (without tax and shipping)
16GB [$749] around 215 KWD (without tax and shipping)
64GB [$849] around 244 KWD (without tax and shipping)
128GB [$949] around 273 KWD (without tax and shipping)
It’s that time of the year, fall, when the leaves start falling and Apple prepares to announce their latest iPhone! I can’t bloody wait for the announcement!
You can watch a live stream of the event over at Apple.com/Live or follow some gadget blogs such as Engadget, Gizmodo, TheVerge, or MacRumors. I will personally be live tweeting the event over on Twitter, so be sure to follow me @Jacquies!
— Jacqui (@Jacquies) September 9, 2014
I apologize in advance for the flood of iPhone related tweets and going fanboy crazy :P
Last night, June 2nd was the opening keynote of Apple’s World Wide Developer’s Convention (WWDC) 2014 Edition, this convention being the company’s 25th held special surprises for developers as well as the end user consumer. Tim Cook took the stage to introduce us to the new Operating System (OS X) Yosemite which was so close to being called OSX Weed :P as well as the iOS 8 both of which will be coming to everyone this Fall and will be available as a free upgrade.
So you’re probably interested in what each update contained, well I will summarize it to the bone (hopefully) and this should be easy for you guys to follow along. Although Tim Cook was the main keynote speaker when it came to announcing the new software products, Craig Federighi was the man of the hour who took to explaining what each OS had in terms of “What’s New” and made us laugh hilariously along the way.
So it’s official this weekend Apple will see the roll out of the iPhone 5s and 5c in the Gulf region starting with the below countries.
Friday, November 1st:
- Saudi Arabia
Friday, November 15th:
Both Zain has started taking Pre-Orders and Viva will be taking them soon on their respective websites so if you’re looking to get any of the new devices at a much cheaper price than the current grey market prices be sure to check them out.
This is the first time I take so long to recapping an Apple Event, and I am shocked by my actions, therefore I will punish myself with NO CAKE! :P Just kidding, anyways let’s get down to it, there will be two posts really to showcase everything that I want to talk about. First on the list, Apple has finally given the iPad a drastic new image to follow it’s younger sibling the iPad mini.
Many of you probably heard (unless you live under a rock) about Apple’s next generation flagship phone which they dubbed the ‘iPhone 5s‘. It was announced this past September and shipped pretty close to the end of the month. I personally received my lovely unit this past Sunday and have been using it ever since. Many of you have asked me whether this upgrade is a must have or a skip for now? Well I will answer that in this small review. Nothing too technical will be here and of course nothing too long so let’s get to it.
What are the major updates with this new generation?
- Speed: The first 64-bit chipset to be installed in a smartphone.
- Camera: A new 5-element lens with f/2.2 aperture and a sensor that is 15% larger than the current one on the iPhone 5, as well as a dual-LED “True Tone” flash that will adapt to the existing lighting to provide better colors and more accurate skin tones.
- Touch ID: A fingerprint sensor built into the home button which will scan your print and unlock the iPhone as well as authorize iTunes purchases.