Wrapping up the Apple “Hey Siri” Event was the announcement of the new #iPhone6S family. And just as we read earlier in the rumors and leaked info everything came to light. So what’s new? Apart from the new ROSE GOLD color?
- A9 64-bit chip and an M9 motion co-processor that deliver 70% faster CPU performance and 90% faster graphics
- 3D Touch which is similar to the Force Touch on the Apple Watch that enables users to “peek and pop” different content on their phone. It’s just so cool!
- NEW 12-megapixel iSight camera with 4K video recording and 5-megapixel front-facing FaceTime camera with True-tone Retina Flash
- Second-generation TouchID fingerprint scanner
- Its crafted from Series 7000 aluminum and comes in ROSE GOLD, Gold, Space Grey, and Silver. The iPhone 6S gained a bit of weight and is now at 7.1mm thick
- Available for Pre-order on Saturday, September 12 at 12:01 AM Pacific with a Friday, September 25 launch in United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
Prices remain the same with no change at all and available in 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities.
I’m grabbing one but right now I’m debating whether it should be Rose Gold or Gold? Hmmm such a hard choice! Also hard is the fact that I leave NYC on September 25! So I am not sure how I can grab mine so quickly! I just need to do a couple of things to ensure it!
And with that I conclude the summary of last night’s event! Hopefully this was helpful!
It’s been a few years since #AppleTV saw an update and Apple decided they needed to revolutionize their product with some great updates. It’s built from the ground up with new generation of high-performance hardware and introduces Siri Remote and an all new tvOS system.
- It’s all about the Apps. There is a new App Store available for the Apple TV now.
- Siri Remote helps you navigate with your voice or with some touch gestures which is easier now!
- Games! Your Siri Remote doubles as a game controller and you can now enjoy some games on your big screen TV!
- Available Late October at the price of $149 for 32GB and $199 for 64GB models.
During the keynote we were given a demo and basically what I saw was a merge of some amazing products in one awesome package. You get an Amazon Fire TV with your Siri Remote but it’s been revamped and feels like it works so much better; at the same time you get a Wii but with some cool games; while maintaining your Apple TV aspect and the amazing stores we are used to! I desperately want one!
Apple decided to unveil and show us the new #iPadPro which they have been working on. It’s a brand new iPad that’ll join the iPad Air 2 and iPad mini line-up and is geared towards increased productivity!
What’s New in the #iPadPro?
- 12.9-inch Tablet with 5.6 million pixels Retina Display. It has more pixels than a 15″ MacBook Pro Retina. (Resolution of 2732 x 2048)
- 64-bit A9X processor that delivers 1.6 times faster performance than iPad Air 2 with twice as fast graphics! (Basically this beast runs 80% faster than most portable PCs)
- Measures 6.9mm thick and weighs 1.57 pounds. It’s slim but a little thicker than the iPad Air 2 but weighs as much as an iPad 1 did before. I guess it’ll hurt when it smacks you in the nose? :P
- Comes in Space Grey, Gold, and Silver and has 3 variations which you can see below and will be available in NOVEMBER!
- 32GB WiFi Only $799 (Roughly 242 KWD without TAX)
- 128GB WiFi Only $949 (Roughly 287 KWD without TAX)
- 128GB WiFi + LTE $1079 (Roughly 326 KWD without TAX)
With its large screen you get an increased space for multi-tasking purposes where you can actually run two apps side by side and not feel as if they are too small!
Yesterday evening we witnessed Apple’s “Hey Siri” event which took place in San Francisco. We saw the announcement and updates on a a range of products but the first thing we got to were the #AppleWatch updates!
Apple Watch has been doing so well, they announced a new line of Apple Watch Sport Band colors along with new metal finishes for the Watch Sport line-up. We now have a GOLD and ROSE GOLD anodized aluminum model that starts at $349 and $399 price-point. The new finishes and bands are available now and can be purchased online.
The main focus in the Apple “Spring Forward” event has been the Apple Watch, where we were supposed to get more information about the watch and find out the pricing and availability. The Apple Watch will be available in 9 countries which included: United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and the United Kingdom. The cost however ranges from $349 – $10,000+ and there will be two models 38mm and 42mm model. Bands will retail for between $49 and $449 with additional magnetic chargers costing $29 for 1-meter cable and $39 for a 2-meter cable.
The Apple Watch is said to have 18 hours of mixed usage and up to 72 hours on power reserve, meaning it should go on All day. You can use the watch to access apps, respond to messages, workout, and so much more.
- Apple Watch Sport starts at $349 for the 38mm model and $399 for the 42mm model
- Apple Watch starts at $549 – $1049 for the 38mm model and $599 – $1099 for the 42mm model depending on the band you select
- Apple Watch Edition is a limited edition 18 karat rose gold or yellow gold and it starts at $10,000 and goes as high as $19,000.
This watch is available for pre-order on April 10 and ships April 24.
I’m thinking of an Apple Watch Sport which comes in aluminum instead of the stainless steel with a probably green sport band and I’ll probably get a second band which is either the Milanese Loop ($149) or the Midnight Blue Modern Buckle ($249) or perhaps in pink. I never can make up my mind but that’s the best thing you can always mix and match your watch.
During the event, Apple has also announced a slight update on its MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro line-up. If you bought one recently then hard luck but this update shouldn’t make you want to get rid of your existing device (yet).
What’s new in the 11″ and 13″ MacBook Air?
- Upgraded to 5th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors
- Thunderbolt 2
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Faster Flash
- Longer battery life
What’s new in the 13″ MacBook Pro Retina?
- Brand new Force Touch TrackPad
- Upgraded to 5th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors with Turbo Boost speeds
- 2x Faster flash
- Faster Integrated Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- Improved 10 hour battery life (from 9 hours previously)
All three devices can be purchased starting today on the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, etc.
So, the Apple event just concluded its two hours of announcements, where we were given news about a bunch of things, one of the most important and personally something I’ve been waiting for and hoping would happen, and was actually the reason why I didn’t get myself a MacBook Air 11″ last trip to the US was the unveiling of the brand new 12-inch MacBook Retina named “MacBook”. The beautiful child joins the existing MacBook line-up and promises you the following features at a starting price of $1299.
- 12-inch Retina Display with a resolution of 2304 x 1440 beauty (more screen capacity on such a tiny device!)
- It weighs 2 pounds and is 24% thinner than existing MacBook Air at 13.1mm, Lighter & Thinner than ever!
- Comes in Space Grey, Silver, and beautiful stunning Gold. (I’m grabbing the gold, like anyone can stop me right now!)
- Redesigned Keyboard that makes it more stable and precise. Also the keyboard is edge-to-edge which gives you 17% more surface area.
- Revamped Trackpad with built-in Force Touch. It can detect the amount of pressure placed on the trackpad and gives you a whole range of new gestures.
- Intel Core-M processor that starts at 1.1 GhZ with Intel HD 5300 Graphics.
- First Fanless MacBook.
- 67% smaller Logic board in a MacBook with lots of batteries surrounding it.
- All-Day battery life with 9 hours of web browsing and 10 hours of iTunes movie playback.
- One single USB-C port for charging power, USB data transfer, DisplayPort, HDMI and VGA capabilities (adapters sold separately).
All this beauty will begin shipping on Friday, April 10 through Apple Online and Apple Retail Stores. I’m getting the extra cash and trying to save up for it!
I’m personally grabbing the high-end $1599 MacBook in gold. I believe we kind of have our next generation 12″ PowerBook G4 now :P This is the one we’ve been waiting for!