So it’s official this weekend
Friday, November 1st:
- Saudi Arabia
Friday, November 15th:
On top of the announcement of the newest iPads and iPad mini’s, Apple took the liberty to upgrade their current Retina MacBook Pro line-up and killing the 15-inch MacBook Pro (the one with the CD Drive) as well as announcing that the Mac Pro will be launching this December.
That was one heck of an announcement and for those of you wanting to purchase a new unit you can now purchase the following without having to worry about an updated device coming out now:
- iMacs [Updated last month]
- MacBook Air [Updated in June]
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display [Updated Yesterday]
- Mac Pro [Updated Yesterday]
The only device to yet see an update is the Mac mini but I am thinking it will get it’s time in the spotlight very soon, although it won’t have a dedicated event just a quiet update. So let’s discuss the updates.
If you were thinking of purchasing one of the sweet
The new iMacs follow their younger siblings the recently updated MacBook Air’s with the recently launched HASWELL processors, as well as the new NVIDIA graphics cards that promise ‘next generation speed’. But that’s not all, with this new generation all of the iMac’s chips are quad-core from the 21.5 inch models to the 27 inch models. So basically you’re getting an awesome machine at an awesome price.
So what’s the pricing system? Well of course you can always upgrade your machine via the Apple US Store (which I always do, that way my machine can outlast the next product updates) and so these prices are for the purchase on the spot machines.
A short while ago, just a few minutes ago the Apple Event of September wrapped up and we saw the unveiling of a few new products (well only the major one the #iPhone). Tim Cook took the stage to run through some numbers earlier today before the main event took place. The most important announcements that were revealed were:
- iOS 7 will be available as a free download on Wednesday Sept. 18 and is compatible with iPhone 4 onwards, iPad 2 onwards, iPad mini, and 5th generation iPod touch.
- iWork & iLife apps are now available free with every iOS device purchase (those include Keynote, Pages, Numbers, iMovie, iPhoto)
- Infinity Blade III will be available to purchase in the App Store on Sept. 20.
- iPhone 5C - Pre-Order starts Friday September 13, Ships September 20.
- iPhone 5S – Order starting September 20
Let’s talk a bit more about the bits and pieces announced, shall we?