Apple finally brought the “One more thing” back with the announcement of the Apple Watch. This watch is one of the most beautiful watches I have ever seen. The slight glitch here though is that it won’t be available until Early 2015 but hey that means I get to have more time to save up and grab it! The watch us designed to be both fashionable and functional and comes with six different types of watch straps that are interchangeable. The price starts at $349 and goes up with each different watch face/edition. We were given a glimpse into the life of the Apple Watch and here is what’s up with it.
- Six different watch face colors and materials: Stainless Steel, Silver Aluminum, 18-Karat Yellow Gold, Space Black Stainless Steel, Space Grey Aluminum, and 18-Karat Rose Gold
- Three Collections also available:
- Watch Collection: Stainless Steel or Black Stainless Steel cases with range of metal and leather bands
- Watch Sport Collection: Anodized Aluminum cases in silver or space gray with colorful, durable bands
- Watch Edition: 18-Karat Gold cases in Yellow or Rose with exquisitely crafted bands and closures
- Two sizes: 38mm and 42mm
- Sapphire display with a touch screen
- Digital Crown as a method of navigation or “home button” on the watch
- Pressure-sensing technology
- Taptic Engine
- New S1 processor
- Magsafe Wireless charging through the back zirconia crafted four sapphire lenses which also detect pulse rate
- Gyroscope and accelerometer which means it can replace fitness bands
- Fitness and Workout apps available
- NFC for Apple Pay support.
Personally I’m dying here waiting for this beautiful watch! It’s insanely gorgeous and I have never seen anything that beautiful ever! I’m debating highly getting the rose-gold edition with a couple of straps but have to see how pricing works out there. Couldn’t Early 2015 come here sooner!
In today’s special Apple event we witnessed another milestone in the iPhone history. We were introduced to the new larger, thinner, and insanely better iPhones. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6Plus. Both phones will be available for pre-order on September 12 (this Friday) and available for purchase on September 19. iOS8 will be available as a free download on September 17.
What’s new in the iPhones?
- Retina HD display (The 6 will have 1334 x 750 display at 326 ppi & 6Plus will have 1920 x 1080 at 401 pip). That means they will have up to 2 million more pixels than existing phones
- Next generation 64-bit A8 chip which delivers 25% faster CPU performance and 50% more energy efficient
- Next generation M8 processor with a new barometer that calculates steps, stairs, calories, etc.
- 20 LTE Bands with higher speeds and VoLTE (Voice over LTE) technology
- 3 times faster Wifi with Wifi Calling
- Thin (The 6 will be 6.9mm thin while the 6Plus is 7.1mm)
- Battery life (The 6 has Up to 14hrs talk time on 3G, 6Plus has 24hrs talk time on 3G)
- New Camera System with new 8MP sensor, along with circular true-tone flash, and FOCUS PIXEL technology which gets better autofocus points. As well as Image stabilization system (digital in the iPhone 6 and optical in the iPhone 6Plus)
- Video capabilities have improved where they both shoot in 1080P at 30fps and 60fps, along with 240fps for slo-mo video.
- Front-facing FaceTimeHD has a new sensor with f2.2 aperture that lets in 81% more light. SELFIES ARE BETTER NOW!
- Both come in three colors: Space Grey, Silver, and Gold
- Both come in three sizes: 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB (no more 32GB!)
16GB [$649] around 187 KWD (without tax and shipping)
64GB [$749] around 215 KWD (without tax and shipping)
128GB [$849] around 244 KWD (without tax and shipping)
16GB [$749] around 215 KWD (without tax and shipping)
64GB [$849] around 244 KWD (without tax and shipping)
128GB [$949] around 273 KWD (without tax and shipping)
Last night, June 2nd was the opening keynote of Apple’s World Wide Developer’s Convention (WWDC) 2014 Edition, this convention being the company’s 25th held special surprises for developers as well as the end user consumer. Tim Cook took the stage to introduce us to the new Operating System (OS X) Yosemite which was so close to being called OSX Weed :P as well as the iOS 8 both of which will be coming to everyone this Fall and will be available as a free upgrade.
So you’re probably interested in what each update contained, well I will summarize it to the bone (hopefully) and this should be easy for you guys to follow along. Although Tim Cook was the main keynote speaker when it came to announcing the new software products, Craig Federighi was the man of the hour who took to explaining what each OS had in terms of “What’s New” and made us laugh hilariously along the way.
By now you must know that I am not your typical girl. I am the type of girl who is not even remotely interested in getting the latest high-end brand purse or shoes, or even clothes for that matter. Don’t get me wrong I do like to shop occasionally for some new clothes but its never something insane that I can’t afford or that I will need to save an arm and a leg for. My money is spent on something else… GADGETS!
You see some of my friends when they are looking for some retail therapy, they head over to the shoe stores or purses or even some jewelry. I myself scratch all of that out and head to the Electronics store and look for something geeky and interesting. It’s hard because sometimes, just sometimes I find myself in even more debt just because I want to have that particular gadget and I basically don’t have the amount on hand (especially since I am unemployed and semi-broke).
Want an example? Well last week Amazon unveiled a new set-top TV box called the Fire TV and granted at the moment I saw it, I was like “Hmmmmmmm, maybe and maybe not” but the price tag attached to it, which was 99$ made me think “What the hell, why not!” and so I am currently waiting on receiving my unit. I find myself promoting Amazon and its products to the Apple level in my books. As in, I find myself buying anything and everything Amazon releases simply because “Ohhhhhh that’s shiny!!!!” They say Sagittarians are easily distracted by shiny objects and tend to over spend on traveling and shiny objects, I actually agree.
So will it work in Kuwait, since we all know Amazon has placed some IP restrictions on its services being used outside of the US, I’m not sure but I’m willing to try and find out. I just find myself drooling and dreaming over new gadgets whether I need them or not, whether I will continue to use them or not, and really let’s just face it, if its not an Apple then there is a 100% chance I will lose interest in a week.
If only Santa were real and could send me every gadget out there for keeps!
P.S. If this is my Father reading, please don’t get mad, I just had to try this one out and it’s really not bad for a 99$ price-point. It’s not like I’m spending 999999$ :P
[To read more about the Amazon Fire TV check out Engadget's Review]
So it’s official this weekend Apple will see the roll out of the iPhone 5s and 5c in the Gulf region starting with the below countries.
Friday, November 1st:
- Saudi Arabia
Friday, November 15th:
Both Zain has started taking Pre-Orders and Viva will be taking them soon on their respective websites so if you’re looking to get any of the new devices at a much cheaper price than the current grey market prices be sure to check them out.
On top of the announcement of the newest iPads and iPad mini’s, Apple took the liberty to upgrade their current Retina MacBook Pro line-up and killing the 15-inch MacBook Pro (the one with the CD Drive) as well as announcing that the Mac Pro will be launching this December.
That was one heck of an announcement and for those of you wanting to purchase a new unit you can now purchase the following without having to worry about an updated device coming out now:
- iMacs [Updated last month]
- MacBook Air [Updated in June]
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display [Updated Yesterday]
- Mac Pro [Updated Yesterday]
The only device to yet see an update is the Mac mini but I am thinking it will get it’s time in the spotlight very soon, although it won’t have a dedicated event just a quiet update. So let’s discuss the updates.
Amazon announced their newest additions to the Kindle Fire family with the new 7″ and 8.9″ Kindle Fire HDX as well as lowering the price of it’s Kindle Fire tablet. So what’s new in this next generation?