Happy New Year World!!!!!! It’s finally the New Year here in New York City and man is it a different experience!
Instead of my usual sitting there on my computer surrounded by my parents and just boringly wishing each other a Happy New Year I am in the best city I can ever be in during this time. I wished to be there in Times Square however it was too crowded and insanely cold I thought the comforts of my bed is much safer than the streets! God bless television!!!
Happy New Year World! May 2015 bring you joy and laughter, happiness and great health! May all your wishes and dreams come true as mine have! It’s a great time to be alive and a happy one at the same time!!!
The first few hours of 2014 have passed by, luckily for me I spent the night away reading a book and couldn’t put it down until I was finished in the early hours of 2014. That sounds like a promising start if I do say so myself. Every year at around this time, January 1st I sit down with myself, have a small conversation (a la Smeagel from ‘Lord of the Rings’) and decide what this year’s accomplishments will be. Before I evaluate last year’s resolutions, I thought to share what I wish for this year.
So this year I have 4 really important resolutions/wishes that I want to happen.
- Be healthy & happier with life! (After last year’s health hiccup I want to avoid that a thousand times!)
- Find a new job & make some $$$ :P
- Lose weight & actually work on it rather than be too lazy. (I hope I actually achieve it!)
- Make that one wish I’ve had for a few hundred years come true, just that one wish!
As a bonus, I’d like to just add three more tiny ones and those should be achievable without any trouble.
- Read even more!
- Blog even more and celebrate the 10 years of blogging in style!
- ENJOY LIFE TO THE MAX!
The time has come to finally bid an adieu to the year 2013 and what a year it was. It didn’t start off to a good start for me, for one thing I was laid off earlier this year from my previous job, and later on I discovered I was sick and had to undergo surgery to be all better well, I am sort of healthy again so at least there is that. Not to mention a few downs here and there but I want to refocus my energy on the ups instead.
Happy New Year 2014!
It’s about time to set for myself a few New Year’s resolutions, and what better way to do that than to share them with those of you still reading. I think last year’s resolutions were quite simple and easy to accomplish, at least I’d like to think that they were that way.
To better evaluate the situation let’s see what were last year’s resolutions and how I accomplished them:
- Get braces & fix my teeth. [Already done and in a very short time I will be removing said braces and finally ridding myself of something that held me back for so long]
- Lose weight & try to be fit. [Lost a good amount of weight this year and when I came back from the US I dropped in actual shape I hope to continue that this year and go back to my old pre-College weight]
- Get a full-time job & start to focus more on my passions [Achieved! But now I’m out of a job hehe, I will dedicate more time for passionate endeavors this year though]
- Have more “me” time and reconnect with friends, reading, life in general. [Done but not to the level I actually wanted it to be at]
- Get a new car & try to go to Hajj. [Got a new sexy ride but didn’t get to go to Hajj this year]
So all in all a 4.5 out of 5 is quite good. I like that I achieved something in 2012 and it just means I will definitely achieve more in 2013. So what’s on the list for the new year?
It’s official, 2012 has ended and 2013 has just opened its doors to us, a blank page in a brand new book, a new beginning, a new story to tell! I can’t believe we’ve survived the Mayan Apocalypse and more!
Now if we were living in China or the Asian part of the world 2013 will be a lucky year for all of us, since they believe that 13 is a lucky number but then again others think that the number 13 is bad luck. I personally feel that 2013 will be something in between, a mix sort of, the good and the bad; the lucky and unlucky but mostly lucky!
Happy 2013 readers and may you have an awesome holiday! I know I’ll spend most of mine asleep, no no I will actually try to wake up and have a New Year breakfast outside (although breakfast might be at around 11-12 lol I’m lazy like that!)
Many of you will notice that every year at around this time I get out my paper and pencil to jot down the good, the bad, and the ugly of the year we are about to bid good-bye. And well this year I am choosing to forgo the pencil and paper (save the environment and all that jazz) and will type them up for you in a neat little list.
It is quite hard to list all the things you’re thankful for, or you wished never happened this year but I’ll get one thing out there in the open before I attempt this list. 2012 was an okay year, it wasn’t insanely bad (personally for me) but it wasn’t an insanely wow Oh My GOD kind of good. It was there. I am choosing to enjoy each year as it comes by and living life to the fullest or to whatever limit I can without bothering others.
Now that my declaration is out of the way let’s list all the good things of this year.
I’d like to take this moment to wish all my followers and readers a very Happy New Year and may your 2012 rock!
Happy New Year everyone!!!! *blows horns and throws confetti!*