The first few hours of 2014 have passed by, luckily for me I spent the night away reading a book and couldn’t put it down until I was finished in the early hours of 2014. That sounds like a promising start if I do say so myself. Every year at around this time, January 1st I sit down with myself, have a small conversation (a la Smeagel from ‘Lord of the Rings’) and decide what this year’s accomplishments will be. Before I evaluate last year’s resolutions, I thought to share what I wish for this year.
So this year I have 4 really important resolutions/wishes that I want to happen.
- Be healthy & happier with life! (After last year’s health hiccup I want to avoid that a thousand times!)
- Find a new job & make some $$$ :P
- Lose weight & actually work on it rather than be too lazy. (I hope I actually achieve it!)
- Make that one wish I’ve had for a few hundred years come true, just that one wish!
As a bonus, I’d like to just add three more tiny ones and those should be achievable without any trouble.
- Read even more!
- Blog even more and celebrate the 10 years of blogging in style!
- ENJOY LIFE TO THE MAX!
The time has come to finally bid an adieu to the year 2013 and what a year it was. It didn’t start off to a good start for me, for one thing I was laid off earlier this year from my previous job, and later on I discovered I was sick and had to undergo surgery to be all better well, I am sort of healthy again so at least there is that. Not to mention a few downs here and there but I want to refocus my energy on the ups instead.
Happy New Year 2014!
It’s about time to set for myself a few New Year’s resolutions, and what better way to do that than to share them with those of you still reading. I think last year’s resolutions were quite simple and easy to accomplish, at least I’d like to think that they were that way.
To better evaluate the situation let’s see what were last year’s resolutions and how I accomplished them:
- Get braces & fix my teeth. [Already done and in a very short time I will be removing said braces and finally ridding myself of something that held me back for so long]
- Lose weight & try to be fit. [Lost a good amount of weight this year and when I came back from the US I dropped in actual shape I hope to continue that this year and go back to my old pre-College weight]
- Get a full-time job & start to focus more on my passions [Achieved! But now I’m out of a job hehe, I will dedicate more time for passionate endeavors this year though]
- Have more “me” time and reconnect with friends, reading, life in general. [Done but not to the level I actually wanted it to be at]
- Get a new car & try to go to Hajj. [Got a new sexy ride but didn’t get to go to Hajj this year]
So all in all a 4.5 out of 5 is quite good. I like that I achieved something in 2012 and it just means I will definitely achieve more in 2013. So what’s on the list for the new year?
It’s official, 2012 has ended and 2013 has just opened its doors to us, a blank page in a brand new book, a new beginning, a new story to tell! I can’t believe we’ve survived the Mayan Apocalypse and more!
Now if we were living in China or the Asian part of the world 2013 will be a lucky year for all of us, since they believe that 13 is a lucky number but then again others think that the number 13 is bad luck. I personally feel that 2013 will be something in between, a mix sort of, the good and the bad; the lucky and unlucky but mostly lucky!
Happy 2013 readers and may you have an awesome holiday! I know I’ll spend most of mine asleep, no no I will actually try to wake up and have a New Year breakfast outside (although breakfast might be at around 11-12 lol I’m lazy like that!)
Many of you will notice that every year at around this time I get out my paper and pencil to jot down the good, the bad, and the ugly of the year we are about to bid good-bye. And well this year I am choosing to forgo the pencil and paper (save the environment and all that jazz) and will type them up for you in a neat little list.
It is quite hard to list all the things you’re thankful for, or you wished never happened this year but I’ll get one thing out there in the open before I attempt this list. 2012 was an okay year, it wasn’t insanely bad (personally for me) but it wasn’t an insanely wow Oh My GOD kind of good. It was there. I am choosing to enjoy each year as it comes by and living life to the fullest or to whatever limit I can without bothering others.
Now that my declaration is out of the way let’s list all the good things of this year.
I’d like to take this moment to wish all my followers and readers a very Happy New Year and may your 2012 rock!
Happy New Year everyone!!!! *blows horns and throws confetti!*
As usual it has come down to that time of the year where you review your year and see whether it was worthwhile or not really worth it. And looking back at my previous posts (I really did write some amazing stuff back in the day) I noticed a quote I once said back in 2006 and well I am very proud of it. So before I review my year, I’d like to share with you that this is and will forever be my mantra in life.
I am a better person, I am a wiser person, I am who I am and I am proud of it. I will love myself first and foremost, I will find the silver lining in everything that happens to me, and I am stronger than any darkness that will ensue itself around me. I am me!
[Mentioned in “The Review of 2007″]
I never thought I was that wise to say words that are as inspiring as those but it appears to be that I am.
- The year started off calmly, nothing special happen in my life. Although all around the world the protests began to happen as early as the 3rd week in January.
- I began to purchase a lot of gadgets/accessories/etc all because of the launch of Sheeel.com they are the reason for my endless spending.
- I purchased many Apple goodies! iPad 2 (the dilemma I went through to get it), MacBook Pro 17″ (since I sold my iMac 27″ for some issues), iPhone 4S (because I’m a freak like that), I think it was the same year I got a second iPad 2 (which I gave Lujain), iPod Touch 4th generation, iPod Classic, and iPod Shuffle. I ended this year with a surprise birthday gift from mother the latest MacBook Air 13″ (pimped out!)
- I got the Kindle Fire as my birthday present from myself, Polaroid Z340, FujiFilm Instax 210, and many more awesome items which made me a happy camper!
- I went to the US twice this year, once in April – May where I did an ‘audit’ visit at my sisters I hit Omaha, Nebraska where I had my adventure of purchasing a sold out iPad 2; Columbus, Ohio where I enjoyed shopping until dropping; and last but not least New York City, New York where I attended 2 Broadway shows [Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Avenue Q] and “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon!” My next visit was in June – July where I spent my time in New York City, I saw 2 more shows and shopped until I dropped and just had so much fun!
- I quit the banking industry!
- I started a job which became something that I loved to do! Telling people what to read and when to read it! (teehehehe)
- My bestie got married and my other close friend got married too!
- I got a brand new cousin on August 3rd, Baby Salman!
- My favorite online author Danderma published her book and I attended her book signing!
- I met amazing new friends in the blogging world most of which I knew ages ago but saw them for the first time at events.
- Attended a bunch of Social Media Events: Danderma’s Book Signing, Exclusive Zain Visit, Zain Ghabga, VIVA Ghabga, Zain Q&A, Bloggers Union, Gulf Bank Draw featuring Abdullah Ruwaished, Crush It!, BEST Al Yousifi Al Rai Re-opening & Girls Night Out. These are among the ones I remember at the moment.
- I got braces, something I’ve been postponing since I was 11 years old! Well actually since I started working since dad was busy working and didn’t have time for his favorite one.
- Mada Internet!
- The death of Steve Jobs in October :(
- The death of Steve Jobs in October :(
- The death of Steve Jobs in October :(
- I joined a gym earlier in the year but ended up going there for only 4 months. Stopped going afterwards because I was too lazy.
- My sisters were all abroad except for Lujain which meant a quiet home for a full year except during holidays.
- I got the failing Blackberry Playbook and it’s gathering dust somewhere in my room, not to mention the HP Touchpad which is somewhere around the house.
- Not blogging as much as I wanted to last year.
- Kuwait Cap when the internet was capped at 2GB per day!
I believe that’s pretty much it for now but all in all it was an “okay” year nothing too special and nothing to harmful happened! I hope that 2012 is an awesome year once that is insanely amazing that kicks every other years ass! Seriously I loved 2006 so maybe since 6 x 2 = 12 then 12 will be an awesome year! Nonetheless I wish you all a happy last few days of 2011 and a very Happy New YEAR!