The main focus of the event was the “new iPad” which is the official name as we were all wrong, it’s not the “iPad 3” nor the “iPad HD” it’s just plain “new iPad.” This beast brings plenty of new features to the table while maintaining the beautiful existing design! You know the saying “If it ain’t broke, no need to fix it!” And seriously with the redesign of the “iPad 2” last year there was no need to drastically change the design of the new one, the only difference you will see is a slightly heavier frame by a mere few grams. The new dimentions are 9.4 mm thin and 1.4 lbs heavy.
So what was new in the announcement? Here is a short check list of all the features and as you all know I will be definitely WANTING me a sexy new beast! Somewhere in China a little kid is building my future child, and that child will be adopted into my existing cult of sexy Apple beasts!
- Retina Display: The iPad has an amazing display which makes everything look crisper and more lifelike, text is now razor sharp and colors are more vibrant. This baby now has 3.1 million pixels which is more than what your HDTV would have and the screen resolution is at 2048 x 1536. Just pure delicious!
- A5X Processor: To support that amazing display one has to have a powerful machine and therefore the processor performs 4 times faster than the existing iPad 2 processor and can even be more insane than NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 processor.
- iSight Camera: The camera has been upgraded to feature a 5-megapixel iSight camera with advanced optics, a backside illumination sensor, auto white balance, and face detection for awesome images. Think having your iPhone 4 with the camera capabilities of the iPhone 4S ! Auto-focus is also included to produce those amazing photos. For all of you who use your iPad 2 as a camera now you can truly call it a camera!
- 1080P Video Recording: You can now have amazing high definition video that is stabilized, has temporal noise reduction and just compliments the retina display of this sexy beast. Video recording will just be awesome!
- Voice Dictation: One of the best features of Siri is the fact that you can dictate what you want to her and she would type it up for you. Well the new “iPad” will have that in which it will be your virtual secretary. Voice dictation is available in US English, British, Australian, French, German, and Japanese.
- 4G LTE: You are now unleashed to enjoy the ultra fast 4G networks (although they are not fully avaiable in Kuwait) you can now experience the high speed internet as it has 21 Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE taking the cake at 73Mbps. In simple terms, this baby is uber fast!
- Personal Hotspot: That’s not all, now you can hot-spot your new iPad and share your internet with your nearby devices!
This “new iPad” will be available for pre-order starting today and will ship and be available in stores on March 16th (just as I predicted earlier today after reading some news). The prices remain the same however the “iPad 2” will still be available in a 16GB model with a 100$ decrease. The new pricing table will be as follows:
iPad 2: 16GB (Wifi) $399, 16GB (3G) $529
New iPad (Wifi Only): 16GB $499, 32GB $599, and 64GB $699
New iPad (4G LTE): 16GB $629, 32GB $729, and 64GB $829
Pre-order yours today [Link]
Also, introduced was iPhoto for iPad and an update for Garage band, iMovie and iWork. iPhoto for iPad offers you a bunch of photo editing and comparison features, including auto-enhancements such as straightening photos and fixing contrast. Brush palettes offer a number of editing tools such as red-eye removal, lighten, sharpen, soften and darken. iPhoto for iPad can handle images up to 19 megapixels. It’s available today and priced at $4.99.
In short, that was mostly everything that Apple announced today among other games that will be available soon, of which I’m looking forward to “Infinity Blade: Dungeons“.
Among the new features in this tiny beast is that:
- 1080P Video
- New UI that brings you closer to iOS but still no iOS also 1080P
- New third party apps that includes: Photo Stream, Netflix, Flickr, and YouTube
- Improved connectivity to iCloud (including your Movie Content)
- Genius is now for your Movies as well
It’s available on March 16th (you can pre-order one today) for the price of $99.
What’s different in Apple TV 2012 than Apple TV 2010?
Thanks to Engadget this table clearly illustrates what is different and what’s new.
I know I’m an Apple freak but last year I got seduced by the Blackberry Playbook and I actually purchased one from Omaha Nebraska while visiting my sister. Unfortunately I got bored of it quickly as it didn’t give me much functionality and hence it was lost in my room until I found it underneath a pile of books.
Well guess what?
Today, right now, the 2.0 Update is available which will magically transfer your Playbook into something else (I keep fearing I will write Playboy but then again I might not tehehe).
It seems that toys are getting smarter nowadays playing with our gadgets simply because well the kids are more spoiled (I blame myself I have spoiled Lujain and my little cousins crazy with those Apple products) and so the toy industry is losing if they don’t join the techie crowd.
So, Mattel is coming up with this “Barbie Photo Fashion” a barbie that comes with an enormous LCD implanted in her abdomen and instead of purchasing a digital camera for the little ones they can shoot pictures with the lens that’s sticking out her back. The pictures can then be customized with frames and more making this really every little girls dream doll.
As March 7th is getting closer and closer more rumors are rising as to what the next design of the iPad 3 will be and whether there will be an 8 inch model or not, and here at Couch Avenue, I got exclusive pictures of the next iPad 3 design!
Wanna see what the next iPad 3 will look like? Well click on the “Read More” link and check it out in all its glory!
I just found the ultimately best awesome Holiday gifts for the season! The iDrive and iArm!
Ever felt a need to watch a video, check your email, surf the web while driving and not be able to do that because well you can’t hold your iPad in your hand, the steering wheel, and your coffee cup? Well iDrive is ready to save you! The steering wheel with an iPad compartment because what could make your driving experience better than distracted driving! The iDrive comes as both a wheel mount and a surface mount letting even Bus drivers appreciate the device!
The iArm on the other hand is a product that will entice everyone out there! It’s a device that lets you attach your iPad or Tablet of choice, Kindle, Remotes, whatever it is you want to your arm while you talk on the phone and drink your coffee! Yes multitasking has a whole other definition right now!
I can’t wait to grab me one right now!
P.S. If you thought that this was a serious post then the joke’s on you! These products are part of the Prank Pack gift box line from 30 Watt designed for disguising a more practical gift. In other words I do not condone iPading and Driving!
I wanted to write about this earlier but better late than never. Two weeks ago Box.net announced a 50 day promotion starting on October 12th at 12:00AM in which they offer their iPhone/iPodTouch and iPad users 50GB FREE for signing up and downloading the app.
This promotion is only running for 50 days, so to get your free space in the cloud you have to follow the following steps:
1. Visit the app store and download the Box app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch [Link]
2. Log into your account or register for a new one directly from the app.
3. Start sharing and collaborating in the cloud
4. Tell others about it (Optional)
Something interesting about the app si that your account will have an increased file size upload limit of 100MB instead of the usual 25MB therefore you can upload 100MB files directly without having to compress them! The app also has the ability to use AirPlay which you can use to stream Box content to an Apple TV for effortless projection of photos, videos, presentations and more.
Sounds great? Then rush over there and grab it! I did the second I heard about it.
Source via Box Blog