As March 7th is getting closer and closer more rumors are rising as to what the next design of the iPad 3 will be and whether there will be an 8 inch model or not, and here at Couch Avenue, I got exclusive pictures of the next iPad 3 design!
Wanna see what the next iPad 3 will look like? Well click on the “Read More” link and check it out in all its glory!
I just found the ultimately best awesome Holiday gifts for the season! The iDrive and iArm!
Ever felt a need to watch a video, check your email, surf the web while driving and not be able to do that because well you can’t hold your iPad in your hand, the steering wheel, and your coffee cup? Well iDrive is ready to save you! The steering wheel with an iPad compartment because what could make your driving experience better than distracted driving! The iDrive comes as both a wheel mount and a surface mount letting even Bus drivers appreciate the device!
The iArm on the other hand is a product that will entice everyone out there! It’s a device that lets you attach your iPad or Tablet of choice, Kindle, Remotes, whatever it is you want to your arm while you talk on the phone and drink your coffee! Yes multitasking has a whole other definition right now!
I can’t wait to grab me one right now!
P.S. If you thought that this was a serious post then the joke’s on you! These products are part of the Prank Pack gift box line from 30 Watt designed for disguising a more practical gift. In other words I do not condone iPading and Driving!
I wanted to write about this earlier but better late than never. Two weeks ago Box.net announced a 50 day promotion starting on October 12th at 12:00AM in which they offer their iPhone/iPodTouch and iPad users 50GB FREE for signing up and downloading the app.
This promotion is only running for 50 days, so to get your free space in the cloud you have to follow the following steps:
1. Visit the app store and download the Box app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch [Link]
2. Log into your account or register for a new one directly from the app.
3. Start sharing and collaborating in the cloud
4. Tell others about it (Optional)
Something interesting about the app si that your account will have an increased file size upload limit of 100MB instead of the usual 25MB therefore you can upload 100MB files directly without having to compress them! The app also has the ability to use AirPlay which you can use to stream Box content to an Apple TV for effortless projection of photos, videos, presentations and more.
Sounds great? Then rush over there and grab it! I did the second I heard about it.
Source via Box Blog
On October 7th I woke up really early even though I had only 2-4 hours of sleep I made sure to wake up to pre-order my iPhone 4S and make sure I was one of the first few to get it on launch day! Unfortunately the US Apple Store did not have the unlocked version available for sale until November so I headed over to the UK Apple Store and was able to place an order at around 10AM it was crazy didn’t get my confirmation letter until late that evening but well worth the wait.
Last Friday October 14th it was delivered to my Aramex UK mailbox and I anxiously waited for it to arrive to Kuwait, but unfortunately due to some trouble with people who didn’t log in the shipment my baby was not shipped until Monday (thanks to the Shop and Ship team on twitter @Shopandship) it was rushed over here and I got it today! WEDNESDAY that was the fastest shipment ever!
I am so happy and enjoying the unboxing experience as well as Siri, will review it shortly just thought I would make you all iJealous as I was these past few days.
I got the 64GB White model whereas father ordered the 32GB White model as well. Oh yeah and Thanks Daddy! This was my early birthday gift! [He’s still going to the US on my birthday will have him bring me something else from there, after all I am daddy’s little girl :P]
So yeah there you have it! I got it for 305KD from the UK Apple Store + 7.800KD Shipping for both iPhones which still makes it cheaper than those thieves at XCite Electronics!
P.S. I am still getting the iPhone 5 next year or probably it will be called iPhone 6 because it is the 6th generation! It was the last project Papa Steve Jobs was working on closely before he passed away :(
The main focus of the event was the iPhone, judging by the name of it “Let’s talk iPhone” however most of you out there will feel that this update lacked the hype that we were seeing the past few weeks in which everyone expected it to be the launch of the “iPhone 5” a redesigned iPhone. Let’s face it I thought the same as well but judging by the updates we’ve seen today it is still something good and not to be shunned away. I personally will be purchasing a brand new iPhone since I’ve been wanting a White one and the selling feature for me was the increased capacity (yes I eat capacity from my iPhone!)
Judging by the looks of it, the iPhone 4S has the same outside design as the current iPhone 4 but it’s the inside that has change, after all beauty is within a person (or in this case device). It has the same retina display available in today’s device and the same glass on the back but let’s try to see what’s new.
So what’s new with the iPhone 4S?
- It has an A5 Chip which is up to 2 times faster than before, with dual-core graphics which are said to be 7 times faster than previous iPhone (Yay SPEED!)
- Battery life has improved to 8 hrs for 3G Talk time, 14 hrs for 2G Talk time, 6 hrs for 3G browsing, 9 hrs for Wi-Fi browsing, 10 hrs for Video, and 40 hrs for music. “Fantastic battery life.” (Let’s hope it actually performs that way!)
- It has a completely redesigned antenna system for the iPhone 4S making the device the first phone to intelligently switch between antennas for sending and receiving. It also supports both GSM & CDMA technology, and supports HSDPA download speeds of up to 14.4 Mbps, twice that of the iPhone 4. (Wooohooo Faster downloads!)
- It includes an all new camera with the most advanced optics of any phone. The 8 megapixel sensor has 60% more pixels so you can take amazing high quality photos with more detail than ever. It includes a new custom lens, a larger f/2.4 aperture and an advanced hybrid IR filter that produces sharper, brighter and more accurate images. It has backside illumination that gives you 73% more light. It’s faster too – one third quicker! There is a new image signal processor that Apple designed, enabling face detection and 26 % better balance.
- The camera is now fully capable of recording 1080p HD resolution videos with video image stabilization and temporal noise reduction.
- Airplay Mirroring is now available on the iPhone 4S and so amazing to watch yourself playing the game on a big screen TV wirelessly!
- Comes with iOS5 built-in.
- It comes with Siri, an intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking it nicely. It is launching as a beta with support for English, French, and German, additional languages will be added later. Siri basically lets you use your voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and more. Ask Siri to do things just by talking the way you talk. Siri understands what you say, knows what you mean, and even talks back. Siri is so easy to use and does so much, you’ll keep finding more and more ways to use it.
And that is basically most of the new features of the brand new iPhone 4S. You want to know how much it costs? Well the 16GB model is selling for $199, 32GB model is selling for $299, and the brand new [yes you heard it right] 64GB model is selilng for $399 (with a 2 year contract). The unlocked version prices should be available soon. It will be available for pre-order on October 7th with availability in retail stores and shipping date of October 14th in the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom.
The iPhone 4S will debut in an additional 22 countries by the end of October (October 28th). Those countries include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. [For more info click here]
And with that my friends I give you the “most amazing iPhone ever,” as stated by our new dear friend Tim Cook.
I was somewhat disappointed with the event with the lack of an updated redesigned iPhone 5 but at the same time I expected the iPhone 4S since Apple recently redesigned it so it was just too soon. So I will be getting a brand new one, a white 64GB model to add to my collection courtesy of an early birthday present from father dearest!
P.S. The iPhone 4 is now available in 8GB model for 99$ and the iPhone 3GS 8GB model for Free.
At the event we were introduced to the brand new iPod nano which does not feature an updated form factor but instead it has interface changes to imrpove the navigation and they gave us 16 new clock faces to facilitate its use as a watch. Its fitness features have also improved with Nike+ compatibility out of the box with no requirement for additional accessories to track walks and runs. Let’s give it to you in bullet points shall we?
What’s new with the iPod nano?
- Larger icons for easier navigation
- 16 new clock faces including a range of designs from a Mickey Mouse watch to a classic digital and Roman numeral design
- Nike+ compatibility out of the box (no need for extra setup), capable of tracking distance traveled, pace, time and more out of the box
- Instead of a grid menu it is now a horizontal and you can swip to get through them.
The best thing about the iPod nano? It’s price is now reduced! The 8GB is available for $129 and the 16GB is available for $149. They are available from today in 7 colors for both capacities: silver, graphite, blue, green, orange, pink, and red. [Order now]
The next introduction was for the iPod touch one of the major updates was with the price reduction as well as the availability of the white model.
What’s new with the iPod touch?
- Ultra thin design
- Retina display
- HD video recording
- iOS 5 and iCloud
Similar to the iPod nano, the price reduction makes this an awesome deal with the prices of $199 for 8GB model, $299 for 32GB model, and $399 for 64GB model. All sizes come in both black & white and they will be available for order on October 12th same date as the release of the iOS5. [Order Later]
On this day we witnessed the updates that Apple has deigned to grace us with. The event marked the first event in which Tim Cook introduces new products and is the first event in which we did not see our beloved Steve Jobs. For this event I will be posting each update separately in different posts so as to not over crowd your eyes with talk here and there. So let’s give you a summary:
- Tim Cook took the stage and gave us the updates in regards to the retail store launch, there are now 357 total stores in 11 countries. He gave a walk through each of Apple’s four product areas: The Mac and Lion: 6 million copies of Lion sold so far up 80% of Snow Leopard and 23% year-over-year growth for Mac, 58 million users; Music: market share has been above 70% for a very long time and the iPod has 78% share right now with over 300 million iPods sold, and the iTunes Store has 20 million tracks with over 16 billion downloads; iPhone: 125% year-over-year growth, the iPhone 4 is responsible for over half of their total iPhone Sales ever #1 smartphone in the world; and finally iPad: has 75% market share in the US with high customer satisfaction rating and iPads showing up everywhere it is the #1 tablet in the world.
- Scott Forstall came on stage to talk about iOS5 highlighting the top ten features which were mentioned earlier this year. Before that we were given an overview of iOS being the #1 mobile operating system with 43% market share, Apple has paid out $3 billion to developers and sold 18 billion App Store downloads. Top ten features: Notification Center, iMessage, Reminders app, Twitter Integration, Newstand, Camera app, Game Center, Safari, Mail, PC-Free Setup. iOS5 will be available as a free download on October 12th.
- Cards, a new app released by apple that allows you to create your own greeting card on your phone and Apple will print your photo/design and mail it to them for 2.99$ mailed within the US and 4.99$ worldwide. The app is a free download available on October 12th.
- Eddy Cue came on stage to discuss iCloud highlighting its features: it is integrated right into apps, everything happens automatically, photo stream documents in the cloud, and the coolest thing is that daily backups of contacts and calendars across your devices are up in the cloud. Find my Friends is a new app in which you can share your location with a bunch of friends and stalk them. iTunes Match is the ability to scan and match your entire library to the iTunes Catalog, create and edit playlists, updated across devices for only 24.99$ per year. iCloud launches October 12th, iTunes Match at end of October in the US.
- Phil Schiller came on stage to talk about the iPods and introduces the new iPod Nano and iPod Touch. (Goodbye iPod Classic, you are as good as dead) [Link]
- iPhone 4S is introduced [Link]
- Scott Forstall on stage for a Siri demo.
- Phil Schiller back on stage to continue with the Siri demo.
- Tim Cook back on stage to wrap up.
And with that marks the end of the event.