With a very heavy heart I am forced to acknowledge that HART OF DIXIE is on the verge of cancellation if not actually being cancelled. It’s been one of my favorite shows and one I’ve watched since the beginning. It’s a sweet show that just makes you feel all warm and tingly and want to live in BlueBell, damn you The CW for cancelling this show! I need my Zoey Hart and Wade Kinsella!!!! Not to forget my Anna Beth and Levon! I’ll miss you HART OF DIXIE!
- HART OF DIXIE has been cancelled after 4 Seasons by The CW (but at least we’ll get a series finale)
Disclaimer: Content Provided by a Guest Writer from SocialMonsters
Are you a a long-suffering and closeted TV binge watcher? A study by Harris Interactive and Netflix discovered that among 1,500 TV streamers, 61 percent binge watch regularly. But there’s no shame involved — in fact, three-quarters of viewers said they feel positive about their decision to binge. So it’s time to take your popular habit public and embrace it as the new norm. But don’t just park it in front of the TV and settle in; we’ll show you how to take your binge watching to the next level.
Carve out a day … or a week
Binge watching your way through old favorites or an entire collection is not for the faint of heart. Carve out a day or an entire week to focus on your mass media consumption. But you need a strategy. Let’s do some math.
Watching the entire 190 episodes of “24” would take more than six days of nonstop viewing to cover the eight-seasons. Meanwhile, “Breaking Bad” would take less than two full days. You could start with a shorter series to build-up your binge muscles before moving onto something meatier. And if you must, compromise and break up your binge in shifts by dedicating specific days or evenings of the week to your new passion.
Perfect the mobile binge
Untether yourself from the couch and TV and take a few creative shortcuts without compromising the art of binge watching. Load up your media on your tablet or phone and install the necessary apps. Consider leveraging Amazon Prime to quickly access entire series, or rely on Fuugo or Crackle to help get through your week-long binge. Serious viewers can look to a service like DISH Anywhere to watch live TV online. It also lets you take your favorite shows with you. That means you can watch TV from your tablet, smartphone or laptop from your bedroom to the kitchen or even bathroom for uninterrupted viewing.
Order in everything humanly possible
You still need to eat and have access to day-to-day resources. Order in food from local restaurants and get someone to grocery shop for you with a service like Instacart to bring in everything from snacks to paper towels. Still need something like an errand run or your lawn mowed? Find someone on TaskRabbit to do it for you. You have more important things to do than drop off your taxes at your accountant’s (like a marathon of “Game of Thrones”).
Make it productive
Binge watching doesn’t have to be a slog through the best of what TV and movies have to offer. Pick a show that you not only care about, but that can help educate and inform. Binging on “Grey’s Anatomy” might teach you a thing or two about embracing your fear and learning to trust others. Consider live blogging your nonstop TV watching to help entertain a wider audience who wants to live vicariously through you without dedicating the man hours to commit to their own binge. And of course, binging with the ones you love means more time together. Whether it’s quality time or just quantity time is left to be determined.
So it’s been a while and I’ve been letting the news pile up so I can share as much as I can in one shot. I can do so now without any worry really and you can enjoy staying up to date with pretty much everything I tell you. Anyways let’s get on to what was renewed and what was cancelled?
- BROADCHURCH has been renewed for Season 3 (UK)
- MAN SEEKING WOMAN has been renewed for Season 2 by FXX
- BABY DADDY has been renewed for Season 5 by ABC Family
- HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER has been renewed for Season 2 by ABC
- MOZART IN THE JUNGLE has been renewed for Season 2 by Amazon
- LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER has been renewed through Season 4 by HBO
- BEAUTY & THE BEAST has been renewed for Season 4 by The CW
- BANSHEE has been renewed for Season 4 by Cinemax
- THE LIBRARIANS has been renewed for Season 2 by TNT (YAY!)
- PORTLANDIA has been renewed through Season 7 by IFC
- GETTING ON has been renewed for final Season 3 by HBO
- UNFORGETTABLE has been revived for Season 4 by A&E
- GRIMM has been renewed for Season 5 by NBC
- LAW & ORDER: SVU has been renewed for Season 17 by NBC
- THE BLACKLIST has been renewed for Season 3 by NBC
- CHICAGO PD has been renewed for Season 3 by NBC
- CHICAGO FIRE has been renewed for Season 4 by NBC
- BEING MARY JANE has been renewed for Season 3 by BET
- TOGETHERNESS has been renewed for Season 2 by HBO
- ALLEGIANCE has been cancelled by NBC after 5 episodes
- GARFUNKEL AND OATES has been cancelled by IFC after 1 Season
- INTRUDERS has been cancelled by BBC America after 1 Season
- JESSIE will not be returning after Season 4
- GROUND FLOOR has been cancelled by TBS
- MELISSA & JOEY has been cancelled by ABC Family
- THE MCCARTHYS has been pulled by CBS (likely cancelled)
- ATLANTIS has been cancelled after 2 Seasons by BBC
- LOST GIRL will be airing its 5th and final Season on Friday, April 17
- BITTEN will be returning to SyFy on Friday, April 17
- OLYMPUS will debut on SyFy on Thursday, April 2
- ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK will return for Season 3 on Friday, June 12
- SENSE8 will debut on Netflix on Friday, June 5
- WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER will debut on Netflix on Friday, July 17 (must watch!)
- UNDER THE DOME will return for Season 3 on Thursday, June 25
- ZOO will debut on CBS on Tuesday, June 30
- EXTANT will return for Season 2 on Wednesday, July 1
- TURN returns for Season 2 on Monday, April 13
- PENNY DREADFUL will return for Season 2 on Sunday, May 3
- HANNIBAL will return for Season 3 on Thursday, June 4
And that’s it for the recent TV news… hope your favorite shows were saved :P
So even though I just posted a few days ago about the late 2014 news, some brand new renewals and cancellations were announced this week. I thought instead of letting them pile up I’ll just share as we go along.
- BROAD CITY has been renewed for Season 3 by Comedy Central
- THE FOSTERS has been renewed for Season 3 by ABC Family
- SHAMELESS has been renewed for Season 6 by Showtime
- SCORPION has been renewed for Season 2 by CBS
- NCIS NEW ORLEANS has been renewed for Season 2 by CBS
- MADAM SECRETARY has been renewed for Season 2 by CBS
- EMPIRE has been renewed for Season 2 by FOX
- GOTHAM has been renewed for Season 2 by FOX
- BROOKLYN NINE NINE has been renewed for Season 3 by FOX
- BENCHED has been officially cancelled after one season by USA Network (so sad)
- RED BAND SOCIETY has officially been cancelled by FOX after being pulled off the air [Last shows will return starting Saturday, Jan 31 and finale will air Saturday, Feb 7
Man that was a long holiday, but I guess its time to get back into the saddle and tackle the news that made the rounds the past few months. You’re probably wondering what shows were renewed and what were cancelled not to mention when shows are coming back.
If you follow me on Instagram (@Jacqui) then you can find out daily what shows are back from break and what just premiered, I used to create them weekly but now its down to Daily since lots of shows are coming back every day! Anyways let’s get talking!
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES renewed for Season 7 by CW
- THE ORIGINALS renewed for Season 3 by CW
- ARROW renewed for Season 4 by CW
- THE FLASH renewed for Season 2 by CW
- JANE THE VIRGIN renewed for Season 2 by CW
- THE 100 renewed for Season 3 by CW
- REIGN renewed for Season 3 by CW
- SUPERNATURAL renewed for Season 11 by CW
- BOB’S BURGERS renewed for Season 6 by FOX
- GIRLS renewed for Season 5 by HBO
- THE MISSING renewed for Season 2 by Starz
- THE MUSKETEERS renewed for Season 2 by BBC America
- RIZZOLI & ISLES renewed for Season 6 by TNT
- PLAYING HOUSE renewed for Season 2 by USA Network
- CONTINUUM renewed for Final Season 4 by Syfy
- THE LEAGUE renewed for Final Season 7 by FXX
- LEGENDS renewed for Season 2 by TNT
- MARCO POLO renewed for Season 2 by Netflix
So a bunch of shows have received their good news or bad news depending on whether they got a pink slip or just a regular one, and some of my favorites are getting the boot which makes me sad. Let’s get cracking as to what happened to those shows:
- HOMELAND has been renewed for Season 5 by Showtime
- THE AFFAIR has been renewed for Season 2 by Showtime
- GRACELAND has been renewed for Season 3 by USA Network
- AMERICAN DAD has been renewed for Season 12 by TBS
- LONGMIRE has been revived by Netflix
- CRISTELA earns a full season order by ABC
- DANCING WITH THE STARS has been renewed for Season 20 by ABC
- FACE OFF has been renewed for Season 8
- UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT moves from NBC to Netflix and gets renewed
Since I last left you there have been some new renewals and cancellations on the list. Along with new information as to when your favorite mid-season shows will be returning, some will be returning for their final seasons. Interested to find out more then keep on reading.
Among the Fall’s newest shows we saw the renewal and full season order of FOREVER, along with the cancellations of SELFIE, A TO Z, and BAD JUDGE. It was no shocker for the cancelled shows but FOREVER was a welcome surprise in which we get to see more of our favorite Medical Examiner Dr. Henry Morgan.