So it’s been a while and I’ve been letting the news pile up so I can share as much as I can in one shot. I can do so now without any worry really and you can enjoy staying up to date with pretty much everything I tell you. Anyways let’s get on to what was renewed and what was cancelled?
- BROADCHURCH has been renewed for Season 3 (UK)
- MAN SEEKING WOMAN has been renewed for Season 2 by FXX
- BABY DADDY has been renewed for Season 5 by ABC Family
- HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER has been renewed for Season 2 by ABC
- MOZART IN THE JUNGLE has been renewed for Season 2 by Amazon
- LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER has been renewed through Season 4 by HBO
- BEAUTY & THE BEAST has been renewed for Season 4 by The CW
- BANSHEE has been renewed for Season 4 by Cinemax
- THE LIBRARIANS has been renewed for Season 2 by TNT (YAY!)
- PORTLANDIA has been renewed through Season 7 by IFC
- GETTING ON has been renewed for final Season 3 by HBO
- UNFORGETTABLE has been revived for Season 4 by A&E
- GRIMM has been renewed for Season 5 by NBC
- LAW & ORDER: SVU has been renewed for Season 17 by NBC
- THE BLACKLIST has been renewed for Season 3 by NBC
- CHICAGO PD has been renewed for Season 3 by NBC
- CHICAGO FIRE has been renewed for Season 4 by NBC
- BEING MARY JANE has been renewed for Season 3 by BET
- TOGETHERNESS has been renewed for Season 2 by HBO
- ALLEGIANCE has been cancelled by NBC after 5 episodes
- GARFUNKEL AND OATES has been cancelled by IFC after 1 Season
- INTRUDERS has been cancelled by BBC America after 1 Season
- JESSIE will not be returning after Season 4
- GROUND FLOOR has been cancelled by TBS
- MELISSA & JOEY has been cancelled by ABC Family
- THE MCCARTHYS has been pulled by CBS (likely cancelled)
- ATLANTIS has been cancelled after 2 Seasons by BBC
- LOST GIRL will be airing its 5th and final Season on Friday, April 17
- BITTEN will be returning to SyFy on Friday, April 17
- OLYMPUS will debut on SyFy on Thursday, April 2
- ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK will return for Season 3 on Friday, June 12
- SENSE8 will debut on Netflix on Friday, June 5
- WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER will debut on Netflix on Friday, July 17 (must watch!)
- UNDER THE DOME will return for Season 3 on Thursday, June 25
- ZOO will debut on CBS on Tuesday, June 30
- EXTANT will return for Season 2 on Wednesday, July 1
- TURN returns for Season 2 on Monday, April 13
- PENNY DREADFUL will return for Season 2 on Sunday, May 3
- HANNIBAL will return for Season 3 on Thursday, June 4
And that’s it for the recent TV news… hope your favorite shows were saved :P
Since its a nice long holiday weekend I thought it best to share some funky tips provided to me by a Guest Writer from SocialMonsters. If you’re traveling I hope you enjoy these tips and have fun at your next destination if not then maybe they will be helpful for later :)
Travel can be a fun and even magical experience, but it can also be a bit on the stressful side. From trying to make your connecting flight to finding your way around an unfamiliar city, even the most seasoned traveler feels overwhelmed at times. One way to ease the burden of traveling – both literally and figuratively – is to pack as light as you can. In addition to being a lot easier to carry, a lightweight suitcase will save you on spendy bag fees from the airlines. To pack as lightly as possible and still bring what you need on your next vacation, consider the following tips.
1. Start with the Bag
Before you start packing, put your empty suitcase on the scale – the number might surprise you. If your favorite suitcase is more than a few years old, chances are good it’s pretty heavy all on its own. It’s time to upgrade to a newer, lighter option. Look for a suitcase that weighs less than six pounds empty. Briggs & Riley make a variety of lightweight, high-quality suitcases that look good, too.
And you get one carry-on, so go with a larger, functional bag that still meets the size requirement of the TSA. Guys might choose a nice laptop case or briefcase with lots of compartments for extra goodies, and gals can check out this “Getaway Chic” Pinterest page for cute carry-on bags.
2. Make Your Packing List
Next, create your packing list or use one you find online. And then – just to really hammer home how much stuff you intend to bring – go ahead and spread everything out on your dining room table or bed. Go through each item and ask yourself if you will really use it on your vacation. Remember, you’re not packing to survive any and all weather conditions; you just need to bring the basics. To further lighten your load, call the hotel and ask if they have certain amenities on hand for guests – hotels commonly supply hair dryers, irons and even bathrobes. (Or use the one I provided a while back ;))
3. Pack Smart
Both gents and ladies can pack smart and remain fashionable. Bring basics in neutral shades with matching dress shoes and one pair of good walking shoes. Instead of bringing a giant jacket, plan on bringing layers that you can add or remove while you’re at your destination. Ladies, bring one designer handbag that will carry you through daytime sightseeing and nights on the town. Coach makes gorgeous totes that will last you for years to come.
4. Downsize What You Can
Bring travel sizes of shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash, lotion, sunscreen and other needed items. If you can’t find your beloved shampoo in a tiny bottle at your local store, order refillable TSA-approved travel bottles from Brincatti and fill them with your favorite toiletries. This tip alone can reduce your load by several pounds, and your back will thank you.
As always, the right preparation will help ensure a successful trip. Now go have fun on your next adventure.
Why is it that whenever I pick up a book and start reading and losing myself in this other world I just smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I just feel happy.
Don’t get me started when a hilarious conversation or scene takes place, I would be lying in bed reading or on my favorite chair and all you’d hear is a loud laugh and my usual “Oh no he didn’t!” or she if it called for that but its always the men in the book that crack me up because men are crazy! :P
TV has gotten in the way of reading but I am trying to just ban TV shows for a few hours and spend them with a book maybe that will help me regain that sort of aloof feeling and happy one.
What about you? Do you have certain reading habits? Do you like reading to begin with? I personally try to read historical romances just because I like to get lost in that world. I don’t really need dark, deep fiction, or books that will teach me stuff. I find myself more enjoyable with my favorite genre.
P.S. When I read I imagine myself as living there, dressing as they dress, and interacting as the others do, hell I imagine myself the heroine sometimes if she’s not too whiny!
I have missed writing thoughts and feelings in my blog as a way of venting out emotions and all that jazz, right now most of my friends know about this blog and pretty much I have lost a sort of anonymity I had before so I can never share too much of myself as I did in my earlier years.
I recently started keeping a separate blog as a journal, diary of sorts just to share my deepest thoughts. And ironically I find myself writing more there than I would here. Could it be that all this commercialization of blogging made me lose my voice?
I seem to also be a bit more active on Instagram with my TV Impression posts than I am here, would reposting them here make a difference? Would others wish to read them instead of going onto my Instagram account. I don’t know, I don’t know who I am anymore, I am Jacqui but not fully Jacqui maybe I have a new personality or persona emerging from all this.
I started out as “Jackie” a kind sweet natured girl and later on I discovered I had an evil naughty fun side which morphed into “Jacqui” now I guess I am a boring version of myself?
So even though I just posted a few days ago about the late 2014 news, some brand new renewals and cancellations were announced this week. I thought instead of letting them pile up I’ll just share as we go along.
- BROAD CITY has been renewed for Season 3 by Comedy Central
- THE FOSTERS has been renewed for Season 3 by ABC Family
- SHAMELESS has been renewed for Season 6 by Showtime
- SCORPION has been renewed for Season 2 by CBS
- NCIS NEW ORLEANS has been renewed for Season 2 by CBS
- MADAM SECRETARY has been renewed for Season 2 by CBS
- EMPIRE has been renewed for Season 2 by FOX
- GOTHAM has been renewed for Season 2 by FOX
- BROOKLYN NINE NINE has been renewed for Season 3 by FOX
- BENCHED has been officially cancelled after one season by USA Network (so sad)
- RED BAND SOCIETY has officially been cancelled by FOX after being pulled off the air [Last shows will return starting Saturday, Jan 31 and finale will air Saturday, Feb 7
Man that was a long holiday, but I guess its time to get back into the saddle and tackle the news that made the rounds the past few months. You’re probably wondering what shows were renewed and what were cancelled not to mention when shows are coming back.
If you follow me on Instagram (@Jacqui) then you can find out daily what shows are back from break and what just premiered, I used to create them weekly but now its down to Daily since lots of shows are coming back every day! Anyways let’s get talking!
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES renewed for Season 7 by CW
- THE ORIGINALS renewed for Season 3 by CW
- ARROW renewed for Season 4 by CW
- THE FLASH renewed for Season 2 by CW
- JANE THE VIRGIN renewed for Season 2 by CW
- THE 100 renewed for Season 3 by CW
- REIGN renewed for Season 3 by CW
- SUPERNATURAL renewed for Season 11 by CW
- BOB’S BURGERS renewed for Season 6 by FOX
- GIRLS renewed for Season 5 by HBO
- THE MISSING renewed for Season 2 by Starz
- THE MUSKETEERS renewed for Season 2 by BBC America
- RIZZOLI & ISLES renewed for Season 6 by TNT
- PLAYING HOUSE renewed for Season 2 by USA Network
- CONTINUUM renewed for Final Season 4 by Syfy
- THE LEAGUE renewed for Final Season 7 by FXX
- LEGENDS renewed for Season 2 by TNT
- MARCO POLO renewed for Season 2 by Netflix
[Disclaimer: Article written by a Guest Writer provided by Social Monsters]
MMO gaming requires certain levels of commitment and dedication. You have to spend countless hours building your character, looting, ganking, tracking, developing strategies and acquiring weaponry. So, it’s a bummer when real life comes along, telling you that you have to go to class, to the post office, to the grocery store and to work, and you lose your momentum. But, just because you can’t be in front of your console doesn’t mean you can’t continue the game. Here are five console companion apps that allow you to take your character and clans along with you wherever life demands you go.
Call of Duty
A necessity for head of clan players, the CoD app for the iPhone offers tools for organizing your clan’s sessions. There is a loadout editor so you can create custom classes and gear loadouts while you’re away from your console. When you’re finished with your creations, they can be pushed directly to your CoD account so they are ready for use the next time you sign in.