Jacqui has been a very very bad blogger in 2015, so here is hoping that 2016 is a better year. I wanted to wish the readers who have still stuck by my side a very Happy New Year and hope that 2016 brings you joy, happiness, success, love, and lots and lots of money!
If you miss me blogging, you can always find me on instagram @jacqui where I am much more active there. But until then, I know its the 4th of January already but….
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I have a couple of posts I’m planning on publishing over the coming hours and days so stay tuned. I hope I am back and with vengeance!
[Disclaimer: Content Provided by Guest Writer Susan Finch who is a freelance writer with a passion for travel and helping small businesses find their online voice through content marketing, blogging and beyond. She is an eclectic writer with more than 10 years of experience contributing to guidebooks, magazines, iPhone apps, online publications and more. Susan can be found at BySusanFinch.com.]
According to a report by CNN Money, the world’s first 8K TV will cost $133,000 when it goes on sale Oct. 30. The article points out that there really isn’t much 8K video to actually watch. With a standard resolution of 7680 x 4320, there are 38 million pixels on the screen and offers four times the resolution as its 4K TV predecessor.
But despite a lack of current programming, IHS predicts shipments of 8K TVS to increase from 2,700 shipments this year to 911,000 by 2019 in time for the 2020 Olympics in Japan. Japan is said to be actively backing 8K technology and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is on board to broadcast the event in 8K.
Now that we’re facing a world of such ultra-high definition that we won’t even need 3D glasses, what does it mean for technology like 4K and SUHD? Here’s a look at the latest in pixel technology.
So I know I’m a little late with this post but I have been away for the past two weeks and was enjoying my time in New York! Therefore I just didn’t have the time to post it up. I know many of you are looking forward to this post and especially to find out when your Fall TV Shows are coming back so without further ado, here is the list.
Some shows have started premiering starting last week and therefore we can now look forward to more showing up this upcoming week! I personally can’t wait for them all! This time I’ve got only one image which includes the information you need, will be updating this blog with other information and perhaps doing mini-reviews of some new shows. Stay tuned!
Wrapping up the Apple “Hey Siri” Event was the announcement of the new #iPhone6S family. And just as we read earlier in the rumors and leaked info everything came to light. So what’s new? Apart from the new ROSE GOLD color?
- A9 64-bit chip and an M9 motion co-processor that deliver 70% faster CPU performance and 90% faster graphics
- 3D Touch which is similar to the Force Touch on the Apple Watch that enables users to “peek and pop” different content on their phone. It’s just so cool!
- NEW 12-megapixel iSight camera with 4K video recording and 5-megapixel front-facing FaceTime camera with True-tone Retina Flash
- Second-generation TouchID fingerprint scanner
- Its crafted from Series 7000 aluminum and comes in ROSE GOLD, Gold, Space Grey, and Silver. The iPhone 6S gained a bit of weight and is now at 7.1mm thick
- Available for Pre-order on Saturday, September 12 at 12:01 AM Pacific with a Friday, September 25 launch in United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
Prices remain the same with no change at all and available in 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities.
I’m grabbing one but right now I’m debating whether it should be Rose Gold or Gold? Hmmm such a hard choice! Also hard is the fact that I leave NYC on September 25! So I am not sure how I can grab mine so quickly! I just need to do a couple of things to ensure it!
And with that I conclude the summary of last night’s event! Hopefully this was helpful!
Another one of the major announcements was the fact that #iOS9 will finally be available as a free update on all your iOS devices on Wednesday, September 16!
With this new update you get to interact better with your iPad with the introduction of the new multi-tasking features that let you view and interact with two apps at once, side by side. Along with Picture-in-Picture; a redesigned Notes app; detailed Transit information on Maps; and an all-new News app that makes #Flipboard look like a thing fro the past.
It’s been a few years since #AppleTV saw an update and Apple decided they needed to revolutionize their product with some great updates. It’s built from the ground up with new generation of high-performance hardware and introduces Siri Remote and an all new tvOS system.
- It’s all about the Apps. There is a new App Store available for the Apple TV now.
- Siri Remote helps you navigate with your voice or with some touch gestures which is easier now!
- Games! Your Siri Remote doubles as a game controller and you can now enjoy some games on your big screen TV!
- Available Late October at the price of $149 for 32GB and $199 for 64GB models.
During the keynote we were given a demo and basically what I saw was a merge of some amazing products in one awesome package. You get an Amazon Fire TV with your Siri Remote but it’s been revamped and feels like it works so much better; at the same time you get a Wii but with some cool games; while maintaining your Apple TV aspect and the amazing stores we are used to! I desperately want one!
Apple decided to unveil and show us the new #iPadPro which they have been working on. It’s a brand new iPad that’ll join the iPad Air 2 and iPad mini line-up and is geared towards increased productivity!
What’s New in the #iPadPro?
- 12.9-inch Tablet with 5.6 million pixels Retina Display. It has more pixels than a 15″ MacBook Pro Retina. (Resolution of 2732 x 2048)
- 64-bit A9X processor that delivers 1.6 times faster performance than iPad Air 2 with twice as fast graphics! (Basically this beast runs 80% faster than most portable PCs)
- Measures 6.9mm thick and weighs 1.57 pounds. It’s slim but a little thicker than the iPad Air 2 but weighs as much as an iPad 1 did before. I guess it’ll hurt when it smacks you in the nose? :P
- Comes in Space Grey, Gold, and Silver and has 3 variations which you can see below and will be available in NOVEMBER!
- 32GB WiFi Only $799 (Roughly 242 KWD without TAX)
- 128GB WiFi Only $949 (Roughly 287 KWD without TAX)
- 128GB WiFi + LTE $1079 (Roughly 326 KWD without TAX)
With its large screen you get an increased space for multi-tasking purposes where you can actually run two apps side by side and not feel as if they are too small!