I pretty much spend my downtime these days either reading TV shows or watching books, oh wait scratch that what I meant to say is reading books and watching TV shows. Yeah that sounds about right. We have established before that I actually have lots of ideas I’d like to write about but the second I sit down in front of the computer I decide to watch an episode of a TV show and once that is done I start the next episode and so forth, before I know it it’s midnight and I’m just too damn lazy to write that post. Same thing happens when I’m engrossed in a book.
One of my biggest issues in maintaining a schedule with writing on my blog these past few years is the fact that as much as I love taking photos I dislike the editing process. Sorting through a gazillion pictures, editing, and watermarking them just takes too much time. Give me an empty post with just text any day over one filled with a thousand images.
With the recent gadget releases and posts about them I think I have semi-found myself back. In the upcoming weeks I’ll preview/review some TV shows that are coming out not to mention some of my favorite gadgets which I’ll probably own sooner rather than later and I guess that should keep me busy right?
In the meantime, what’s up amigos? Que pasa? Donde esta la biblioteca? :P
Enjoy the rest of your evening!
Just prepared the official price sheet of the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S models based on the Apple UK Store pricing and as you can see when converted to Kuwaiti Dinars it comes out to be as follows:
The iPhone 5S will be available for:
- 16 GB – £549 (Roughly 248 KD)
- 32 GB – £629 (Roughly 284 KD)
- 64 GB – £709 (Roughly 319 KD)
The iPhone 5C will be available for:
- 16 GB – £469 (Roughly 212 KD)
- 32 GB – £549 (Roughly 248 KD)
Prices include VAT (aka taxes) and both phones will be available on sale on September 20th.
A short while ago, just a few minutes ago the Apple Event of September wrapped up and we saw the unveiling of a few new products (well only the major one the #iPhone). Tim Cook took the stage to run through some numbers earlier today before the main event took place. The most important announcements that were revealed were:
- iOS 7 will be available as a free download on Wednesday Sept. 18 and is compatible with iPhone 4 onwards, iPad 2 onwards, iPad mini, and 5th generation iPod touch.
- iWork & iLife apps are now available free with every iOS device purchase (those include Keynote, Pages, Numbers, iMovie, iPhoto)
- Infinity Blade III will be available to purchase in the App Store on Sept. 20.
- iPhone 5C – Pre-Order starts Friday September 13, Ships September 20.
- iPhone 5S – Order starting September 20
Let’s talk a bit more about the bits and pieces announced, shall we?
Just one more day left until Apple announces it’s next generation models of the iPhone along with the iPod line-up. So far what everyone thinks we will see are:
- iPhone 5S – With a brand new color added in Champagne Gold, and a Fingerprint sensor and perhaps 128GB model.
- iPhone 5C – A plastic-back model which comes in multiple colors and will be geared towards the lower class consumer.
- iPods – Next generation models of the iPod touch featuring minor updates (or we could see the replacement of this device by the iPhone 5C), iPod Classic might die this year, and the shuffles might see a refresh or might not.
- iWatch – Maybe, just maybe.
- iOS 7 – Final Release.
- Mavericks OS – Release date will be announced perhaps
- Mac Pro – Release date will be revealed.
- Apple TV – might see a refresh, just might.
No iPads will be announced at this event, that one will take place in October-November but until then, I guess we can rest easy knowing that big Steve will be taking more of our hard earned cash (in my case, more of Daddy’s cash!).
Amazon announced last weekend the next generation of the Kindle Paperwhite in which they upgraded minor things that could mean a smoother device for its end-users. Although it is mostly a hardware upgrade the important announcement which I found interesting came in the form of the newly announced “Kindle Matchbook“. Simply put, if you ever purchased actual physical books from Amazon you will soon be able to purchase the same items for your Kindle at virtually no cost. Similar to their previous “Auto-Rip” program launched a while back you would receive an AmazonMP3 version of an album you previously purchased. In this case the Kindle version of some Paperback books or Hardcovers will either be free or range between 0.99$ – 2.99$.
Over 10,000 books will be available via Kindle Matchbook when it launches in October, and your entire order history will qualify for discounted Kindle Books. Only books that were purchased new will count towards MatchBook however (which means will be offered completely free). I can’t wait because this means I will actually have two copies of my books and my Kindle will actually be my moving library!
- Higher Contrast e-Ink display
- Faster processor for improved page turning and book opening
- Redesigned built-in light
- Touch-screen has been improved as well
- Integration with Goodreads
- Kid-friendly mode called Free Time
- Expansion of the X-Ray feature which now uses a full dictionary and Wikipedia in the “Smart Lookup” tool
What’s the same?
- Form factor is just like the previous generations except it is a bit lighter
The device is available for Pre-Order on Amazon and ships September 30th for 119$ with Special Offers or 139$ without Special offers. Personally, I won’t be grabbing this model as I have the previous generation and its fine with me.
Features of Kindle MatchBook?
- Kindle Editions at a great price: Amazon customers who purchase or have purchased qualifying print books can get the Kindle edition for prices that are typically $2.99, $1.99, $0.99, or free.
- For book purchases dating back to 1995: Print purchases from 1995 will qualify once a publisher enrolls a title in Kindle MatchBook
- Easy Discovery: Readers can easily look up their entire print book order history to discover which of their past purchases are enrolled in Kindle MatchBook.
The time has arrived, you know when your favorite TV show returns from the summer hiatus (that means break :P) and our lives are full again with fictional and make believe characters and the drama that happens in their lives. I have slaved and slaved over this list for the past few days, I realized that I actually do watch a lot of TV but this year (no I am not cutting my list down don’t worry about that), but I realized that the best way to prepare this list is to cater to everyone therefore I have included EVERYTHING that premieres starting today until late October. There are plenty of shows who will come back during the Mid-season (those will get their own post when the dates are revealed).
So without further ado, here is the beautiful gorgeous eye-appealing list. There are 89 TV Shows coming back this fall season, some of which are appearing for the first time. You can find the below list which includes every show’s premiere date along with information whether a show is new or one that’s leaving us. All new shows are shown in BLUE (I took in consideration those who were Color Blind :P) and exiting shows like “How I Met Your Mother” are in ORANGE. I am looking forward to quite a few new TV Shows, some sound promising and some have cancellation written all over them. Let’s just hope this season something awesome takes place.
The integration of technology in fashion brings form, function and visual impact to the industry. Laptop bags have hidden chargers, kinetic energy powers watches and MP3 players can be color coordinated to your outfit. As the world progresses, fashion houses want to be a part of it.
(Twitter Dress worn by Nicole Scherzinger)