This couch has seen better days, it’s been neglected by a bad Jacqui and now the good Jacqui has come out to save its bum. She has lots of stories and tales from all around the world to share and therefore she must do them as soon as the star lineup is correct. Have you ever felt like that? Felt that you just couldn’t do something simply because it’s too much of a chore or it requires too many steps to get one thing done?
I’ve always procrastinated, the reason I did ‘good’ in college and not ‘great’ or ‘excellent’ was because I didn’t apply myself I didn’t push myself to the edge and that’s how I’ve been living these past few years. I start off with wanting to write about my day, my experience, my new toy and then I get distracted by watching a video, TV show, reading other blogs, and so much more. Then that urge to write simply disappears.
The thing I miss the most about old-school blogging happens to be the sharing aspect of my day, my life, my existence. Back in the day I would write up a post about what I did that day even if it was as boring as going into work dealing with crazy customers and heading back home pooped and exhausted! Now it seems that everything has to be about an event I attended and my recommendations and such. I think I should bring back that old fashioned style of sharing my day, hey if it’s not sharing it with you, it’s at least sharing it with myself. I sometimes look back at my older posts and laugh at what I wrote about that day, the things that worried me back then versus the things that worry me now and so forth.
Anyways, this post really started out as a place-holder, you know telling you I’m going to do something and there is a 50/50 chance I might actually finally do it. But this time I really do hope I would do it. Seriously, Jacqui you have to stop being lazy and actually do it! Yalla chop chop go work!
I have officially become the person who would walk by a living room that has a TV turned on and turn it off since the people who were in the room are either not in it anymore or fast asleep on the couch. I never thought I would be that person, one who would berate others (i.e. Lujain) for the fact that they have turned on the TV real loud and have left the room with it still on. Electricity is a precious thing and if anything from the new hit TV series “Revolution” is going to turn into a reality then we might have a limited time with all our electrical gadgets because one day they will all be turned off and we will no longer have a use for our iPhones, iPads, Zunes, iPods, Kindles, Nooks, Blenders, Aston Martins, and so much more. Really think about it!
Are you that person, have you started to truly feel the value of the gift of electricity which the famous Thomas Edison gave us back in the day? Do you walk around turning off lights, turning off TVs, turning everything off when no one is in the room, and sometimes when they are sitting right there just to prank them into thinking that the electricity just busted out a fuse?
I know I am that person.
This is one movie I just had to post its trailer! I have always been a fan of Melissa McCarthy simply because she’s a comedy genius! I absolutely adore her and with the addition of Sandra Bullock, (I couldn’t help but feel nostalgic for “Miss Congeniality” when the first scenes came up in this trailer) this movie is going to be pure gold.
FBI agent (Sandra Bullock) is teamed up with Boston Police officer (Melissa McCarthy) to take down a Russian mobster.
Now you believe me? Seriously April 5, 2013 is a date I’ll be waiting for anxiously! I know one other person who will want to watch this movie with me, and she goes by the name of Swair! Right right right? :P What do you guys think, are you going to watch it or pass on it?
So I thought that since it’s been a while since I graced you with any TV news that I should organize it into 3 separate posts entitles: (The Cancellations of Late 2012), (The Premiere Dates), and (The Renewals and Full Season Pickups). And since I know you might like it to be short and sweet I thought I’d give you that as well.
Lots of news has circled the TV-sphere about shows which premiered last summer, this fall, or even some existing shows getting the boot. And well I’m here to lay all the speculation to rest and give you facts, facts, and more facts!
The series which were cancelled or is ending this season are:
- “Private Practice” is set to end at the end of Season 6, since last May, Kate Walsh had mentioned that she would be done with the series by the end of its 13th episode and that drove everyone to frantic speculation as to whether the show will go on without a Dr. Addison Montegomery, not to mention a few other regulars mentioning that they will want to leave once their contract is up which is at the end of the 13th episode, which made Shonda Rhime’s decision extra clear: The show will end at the end of this season. [I personally think that its about time for it to end although I will sorely miss Cooper and Charlotte as they are the only couple I root for on this show, I just hope “Grey’s Anatomy” gets the boot as well it’s starting to annoy the hell out of me right now.] [Source]
- “Gossip Girl” is ending as most of you already know and well the end is crawling closer to us, we are set with a two hour series finale that is scheduled to air on December 17th (almost one month from this week). [I personally have started to hate this season except for one story line which happens to include Chuck and Blair, the rest of the season has become one incestous infected gene pool of everyone sleeping with everyone else and it’s just too blekh for me. So I’m ready to see a happily ever after for my Bluck or Chair!] [Source]
- “Fringe” has received an official finale date from FOX network, and the date is, drum roll please…….. January 18. The show has already begun its season and has only two episodes left to air which will be part of its two-hour series finale on January 18. To those of you who follow the show I guess its time to say goodbye to it. [Source]
- “Fairly Legal” the USA network series starring Sarah Shahi has been kicked to the curb along with “Common Law.” The young lawyer turned to legal mediator will no longer practice her meditations on screen and we will no longer see her gorgeous ex-husband “Battlestar Galactica” star Michael Trucco try to win her over with his charm. But I guess this is not the end for the star as she has something else in the works and it could be a winner. [I personally will miss this show it was fun while it lasted :(] [Source]
- “Common Law” has officially been cancelled. The series which aired last summer and starred the gorgeous Michael Ealy and Warren Kole has come to an end due to the fact that it didn’t do extra well in the ratings. [I personally hated this decision as I loved the show dearly, the chemistry between the two male leads was instantaneous and awesome I will miss your gorgeous blues Michael!] [Source]
- “Political Animals” a series which USA network first advertised as a mini series but later on alluded to it getting a second season has been cancelled. The series was brilliant not to mention genius in its portrayal of Sigourney Weaver as Elain Barrish, ex-wife of the former US President who was running for president but later on became the US secretary of state (a la Hilary Clinton style). The show follows her life after losing the democratic nomination and with her running the Secretary of State office, as well as her family dealing with her womanizing ex-husband, her two sons and mother. [I personally LOVED this show and was excited to see more of it but I am glad that it at least got to air its first full season of 6 episodes, I highly recommend you watch this even though its been cancelled it’s awesome!] [Source]
With that I end my “Cancellation of Late 2012″ post and stay tuned for the next two parts “The Premiere Dates” and “The Renewals and Full Season Pickups”.
It’s been a week since I arrived back in Kuwait, actually it’s exactly a week and due to the fact that I had to go into work the next day immediately and resume life as if I was not on leave I feel that my body has not gotten used to the changes it went through. Long trip, Tropical Storm Sandy, Daylight Savings Time, Jet lag, and so much more.
Not to mention how everything looks the same but feels different now that you’re back home. The one thing that has not changed is my bed, now that place is just as I remembered it, and in the last 5 weeks I was finally able to sleep like a normal person and not feel my bones creaking when I get up in the morning because of the bad mattress/couch/etc.
There are so many things I want to share with you but I have to actually sit down and write in order for me to share them and right now I am beating myself up to do that. So bear with me (Grrrr Grrrrr) I will get to everything as soon as I can.
In the meantime, did you miss me?
Thanks to Swair for the title suggestion, I think I can now write about our fifth day of travel otherwise known as “The day D got Surgery” (October 4th 2012). I can still remember the day as if it were yesterday especially since it went on to be the longest day of this entire trip. Our day started off at around 6-7 AM we were informed earlier that we had to be at the hospital by 9AM since her surgery would be at 11 AM but at around 8:30 while we were having our breakfast and waiting for our car (D was fasting obviously) we got a call that we had to have been there already and that surgery was at 9:40 AM and she had to have been prepped and ready by now.
[Insert moment of panic, of insane attack of nerves, silent treatment, and the sole tear that ran down D’s face]
I immediately adopted my “It’s okay we’ll make it in time, we’ll be fine” attitude while Mother supported that and D kept giving us the psycho killer face but then again she was a case of nerves because surgery is not an easy thing on a person no matter how simple the procedure is or how complicated it could be.
Here I am on a Monday afternoon sitting in my hotel room with mother worrying on my left side watching the endless Hurricane Sandy coverage on all major networks and seeing the destruction Sandy has done on the other States and I thought I should catch up on my posts and update you guys just in case one or two of you out there were really worried that I might be caught in this hurricane.
To tell you the truth I have never experienced a natural disaster within the US, I always seem to avoid them, (i.e. Katrina took place the day I left NYC and was heading back to Kuwait) and so forth but this time Sandy decided that I should experience its gusty winds and incredible rainfall while I was in NYC.
New York right now looks like a deserted city with no one out there but taxi cabs trying to get people around to where they need to be but all shops/stores/restaurants/delis/pharmacies/etc are closed. Mayor Bloomberg has informed us to stay inside until Tuesday at the latest when the storm should fizzle out but then again we don’t know what will happen. Plans for today were to include me visiting the Anderson Cooper Live show with mother at 7:00 AM but they called last night and informed us that the audience taping will be cancelled and rescheduled for some other time but I will probably be on my way back by then. Another set of plans that Sandy cancelled for me, was my visit to the Fifth Avenue Apple Store since I didn’t get a chance to see it on this trip (yet) and of course my good-bye Chocolate overdose from Max Brenner’s, but safety first. Oh and not to mention the fact that I wanted to catch up on my movies before I came back but that’s a bust as well.
Sandy you should refund me these two days that you basically stole from my vacation and by refunding me, you should just leave and not hit NYC. Overall, we are doing fine, we’ve got our water supply and some food to last us until tomorrow, let’s just hope that things don’t go downhill from here. And I guess I now have no excuse not to update the entire trip within the next few hours.