Sometimes the only reason I take so long in posting about the different events I get invited to is the fact that I have to come home sift through close to 50+ photos picking out my favorites, open up Photoshop and editing them to better suit this blog. Because that process is lengthy sometimes I just feel too exhausted and so I put it off until a lot of time goes by.
I am trying to amend that problem by editing photos as soon as I come home and uploading everything, seriously I’ve got things I wanted to write about that took place in February and I haven’t done anything about them!
So really it’s not me hating the event or not wanting to write about it or the likes of that but it’s merely the lengthiness of photo editing that makes the process all seem too tedious. I seriously need to come up with an automated script in Photoshop that will apply all the effects/watermarks I want by just clicking a button!
So here is hoping I finish a majority of my “Previously” posts this weekend!
What better way is there to thank my beloved loyal readers than by giving them an amazing offer courtesy of the yummy Blimpie Restaurant. Seriously, they say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach well I say that’s the way into any person’s heart (hell it’s the way into mine!)
So what’s the offer you say? Well whenever you purchase any of their COMBO meals you will immediately get a FREE 6-inch Sub sandwich by merely mentioning that you are a “Couch Avenue” reader! Simple isn’t it? Yes it’s that simple! Simply go into Blimpie’s restaurant located at Maidan Hawally (right across the street from American International School (AIS)) and order what your heart desires. And if you’re lazy to walk right in and you live in Maidan Hawally, Salmiya, Shaab or Jabriya then you can simply call +965 657 97114 or +965 659 22588 and place your order to have it delivered directly to your couch (yes I imagine all of you are couch potatoes!)
So hurry up and get on this crazy food bonanza!
For more info about Blimpie’s you can find them on the below channels:
So last May most of our Fall TV Shows faced the cancellation ax or barely escaped it with its head on its shoulder. (Hmmm for some reason that doesn’t make sense but anyways moving on…) There have been different ramblings about different shows these past few weeks and I have decided to list it ninja-style! So here goes:
- CBS Show “Unforgettable” although it was cancelled last May it could return during the summer of 2013, the series stars Poppy Montgomery as a police detective with hyperthymesia, a condition that enables here to visually remember everything. Sony Pictures TV appears to be trying to save the show and launch it as a summer show, whereas there are several rumors floating around that it might find a home on a different network, TNT or Lifetime. Nothing is for sure but if it does come back it’s an interesting show to keep on watching. [Source]
- ABC’s Show “Pan Am” has officially been cancelled, even though it received it’s ax last May there was still hope as the show’s creators were shopping around for other networks in order to air the next season on. And Sony was avidly trying to find a new home for the show, there was even some talk that Amazon could pick up the show for its streaming service however a deal never came through. So for all those fans (basically me included) all hopes are dead and we can all rest assured that they will forever live in our hearts. [Source]
- Showtime’s “Weeds” will be ending this year with the conclusion of its eighth season as reported by Entertainment Weekly. It seems that the network has decided that the show has taken more than its time for the series and that this one should be the last. Last season ended with Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker) finally finding a home to unit her disheveled family while at the same time unknowingly putting her life in danger. It will be fun seeing this final season however the creator Jenji Kohan is having some trouble trying to figure out how to end the show since up until a few days ago it wasn’t even known that this season will be the last. At least she has time to craft a well-written ending. New season will premiere on July 1st and I certainly can’t wait for it! [Source]
As I was perusing (that means browsing for those of you with a limited english vocabulary, not that I’m calling you limited but there you learned a new word :P) so as I was perusing my Google Reader feeds I came across this awesome article at Gizmodo which reveled the latest in the Computer-Geek Chic Fashion line.
They are a lovely pair of pixelated glasses, one of which I really would love to own! These babies are made by the Paris-based eyewear designer Dzmitry Samal and it just took the hipster glasses phase to a whole new level.
The frames apparently cost around 378$ (~106 KWD) and are made in France, using the most current technology and they come with an option of having 100% UV protection solar frame or translucent lenses fitted. You can order them online and I believe I might even get on that bandwagon! Aren’t they shmexy!
Two days ago Microsoft announced an update to their newest software version of the Windows Phone in the name of Windows Phone 8, now since I am not really that interested in it all I have decided to give a very brief summary and send you on your merry way to other sites that will give you the full details.
The Windows Phone Summit took place on June 20th in San Francisco, California in which the Microsoft VP Joe Belfiore gave a demo on eight of the biggest new features in the Windows Phone 8:
- New SIM-based NFC wallet experience (similar to iOS 6’s Passbook)
- Nokia Map technology for offline maps and turn by turn navigation
- Updated Customizable Home Screen
- Internet Explorer 10 for Windows Phone
- Latest Hardware: Multicore Chipsets, 3 Screen Resolutions, MicroSD Card support
- Native game development platform based on DirectX (so Game developers can write a game for both Windows 8 and Windows Phone
These features were among those mentioned. However the most interesting thing is that all current Windows Phone 7 devices are NOT UPGRADABLE to Windows Phone 8 which kind of sucks. This whole shindig is apparently set to arrive this fall I believe with the new Windows 8 platform. We’ll just have to wait and see how it plays out.
Apple has certainly found the right formula when it comes to updates and developing new hardware or software in which they do not alienate older hardware models unless it’s insanely necessary, whereas you now see Android and Windows phones becoming obsolete and not upgradable the minute a new OS comes out. Where is the innovation in that?
Anyways for more information do visit the following links to learn more about this new Windows creature.
In the past two years I have re-met a lovely wonderful amazing young woman called Swera, we reconnected via a mutual friend (Thanks Swair for that Baby Shower of yours years ago!) and rekindled our non-existant friendship which should’ve occured during our college years. You see both Swera and I went to Kuwait University and studied English Literature the only thing was we never ran in the same circles, we had similar classes (Shout out to: Dr. Jamal Bouresli’s class I want to say Modern Drama but I forget :/) but we never saw each other, other than for the occasional hello.
The moment I found out she was a blogger we started to rekindle our relationship and establish a friendship I am proud to say that is so strong (mashalla, knocks on wood) that I consider her my sister more than my friend. I am very proud to have known such an amazing woman, proud of the person she has become, of the obstacles she has surpassed and will continue to be proud of the woman she will be, the loving mother and so much. It is on this lovely day that said friend is turning a year YOUNGER! And I would like to be one of the first to wish her a “Happy Birthday” in my special way! So without further ado!
Happy Birthday Babes :*** I wish you the happiest 19th Birthday ever! And may all your wishes come true! (Not that you need anymore since you have me in your life :P Hehehe)
Most of you might not know this only the close ones but my taste in music has always been Rap merged into Hip-Hop mixed with some R&B. Sometimes I think I was born white by accident (not that I’m being racist or anything but I loves me some ghetto moooosic! :P) So I thought I should share some of the new songs I’m hooked on and have on repeat!
But the winner of this list happens to be Mercy by Kanye West featuring Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz. Simply amazing!!!!
- Kanye West (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, & 2 Chainz) – Mercy [NEW]
- Drake (feat. Lil Wayne) – The Motto
- Wiz Khalifa – Work Hard, Play Hard
- Waka Flocka Flame – I Don’t Really Care [NEW]
- J. Cole – Nobody’s Perfect
- Drake – Hell Ya Fuckin’ Right (HYFR)
- Travis Porter – Ayy Ladies [NEW]
- Kirko Bangz – Drank in My Cup [NEW]
- Nicki Minaj (feat. 2 Chainz)- Beez in the Trap
- N.O.R.E. (feat. Busta Rhymes, Game, Waka Flocka) – Lehhhgooo [NEW]
- 2 Chainz (feat. Drake)- No Lie [NEW]
- DJ Khaled (feat. Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne) – Take it to the Head [NEW]
- Rick Ross (feat. Usher) – Touch’n You [NEW]
- DJ Drama (feat Young Jeezy, T.I. Ludacris, & Future) – We in this!!!
- Curren$y (feat. 2 Chainz) – Capitol [NEW]
Thanks to the new awesome app Songza for introducing me to these new songs! I am loving it!