So it’s that time of the week again where I give you a breakdown of what was renewed, canceled, what’s going to change in what show and the what not. This compiled list of news took place over the past week or so and well let’s get right down to it:
- “Falling Skies” has been renewed for Season 3: It was announced earlier last month that the famous TNT series has been renewed and that we will get to see more of Noah Wyle fighting off the aliens in 2013, so for those of you watching, this is great news!
- “Psych”‘s 7th Season will feature a two hour musical special: So come next season, “Psych” will air a two-hour musical with entirely original music. The show is expected to return this fall for Season 7 with a new time-slot and 16 episodes.
- “Teen Wolf” has been renewed for Season 3: Earlier last month at Comic-Con, MTV announced the renewal of the supernatural show and doubled the episode order all the way up to 24 episodes. The next season should be premiering next year and will definitely turn those werewolf lovers into a happy lot.
- “Unforgettable” will get a cast shake-up for Season 2: Since the show was cancelled earlier this summer mostly every actor would have jumped ship and found another pilot to star in, but luckily for some the show got picked up for a summer season and the leads were not tied down to something else. But that simply means there are some of the regulars that won’t make it on the show. Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin, and Daya Vaidya won’t be returning next season however Dylan Walsh, Jane Curtin, and lead Poppy Montgomery will definitely show up. This just gives the whole show a brand new face to deal with.
- No More Eric “McSteamy” Dane on “Grey’s Anatomy”: This was basically the worst news I read last week in which Eric Dane, Shonda Rhimes, and ABC all confirmed that he won’t be a series regular anymore. He will appear in a couple of episodes of Season 9 to wrap up his story line but then that’s about it. This basically means that there will be no more McSteamy, Lexie, and Teddy so far. I hope this will be the last of that but I am guessing that if the show doesn’t end next year I will definitely be bailing out! That and Kate Walsh will leave “Private Practice” after the first 13 episodes of next season. If the actors are jumping ship don’t you think it’s time that we do?
- AMC’s “The Killing” has been cancelled: There will be no season 3 of the popular scary “Killing” show on AMC after this year’s aired episodes. It seems that they couldn’t renew it because it wasn’t really doing that great in the ratings. Of course the show’s producers are trying to find it a new home but most likely it will not get that. I guess that means one less show to watch for those of you watching it.
- Comedy show “Louie” has been renewed for Season 4: Comedian Louis C.K. is doing something right because his show “Louie” just got another season order for 13 episodes. It’s been doing extra well in the ratings and well that just means it’s safe to start watching it if you haven’t and if you do then your show will be here for another year.
- “Dancing with the Stars” (All-Stars) Cast has finally been announced: It seems that the next season of “Dancing with the Stars” will feature previous stars, winners, runner-ups, and fan favorites which is insanely awesome. The coolest thing is that my favorite Kirstie Alley will be back on it. The list includes: Kirstie Alley (of course), Emmitt Smith, Bristol Palin, Pamela Anderson, Joey Fatone, Helio Castroneves, Melissa Rycroft, Shawn Johnson, Kelly Monaco, Drew Lachey, Apolo Anton Ohno, and Gilles Marini. The final contestant will be decided by the fans between Kyle Massey, Sabrina Bryan or Carson Kressley (I hope they choose Carson!). The next season comes back September 24.
With that I conclude this week’s edition of TV News. Hope it helps and you get to know that your favorites are coming back and what not :D
In this week’s Technology Sunday at Al Watan Daily, the fight between Apple and Samsung continues in a crucial California trial. Everything is coming out and everyone is racing around to seek court seals so other companies don’t have their patents revealed to the public. Some might say that this is a petty fight but then again if one doesn’t stand on the grounds that their design was the main blueprint that was copied to make a rival product then what use is there for patent and copyright laws. The news didn’t stop there because Nokia unveiled their Nokia Asha Touch smartphone range which will be available in Kuwait markets as well as international ones.
(Right Click – Open in New Tab to see it larger)
The news week was a bit quiet because well everyone was focused on the latest Mountain Lion release which became available last Wednesday which has been downloaded over 3 million times in the last 4 days. But wait that’s not it, Samsung unveils their “Angry Birds” app for their Smart TV and Hackers have found new ways to attack Android phones.
App of the week, this week was the “Shahid for iPad” app which I wrote about earlier last week. All in all, quite a bit has happened in the Technology world and you can read all about it in the Technology Page available every Sunday at Al Watan Daily.
The word of mouth that seems to be circling around today is that Apple will hold an Apple Event on September 12th to announce the next iPhone (it is most likely not going to be called iPhone 5 because the 4S is the 5th generation so stop calling it that) which from what I have seen might have been leaked. The parts that are available at the moment all match the previous designs and leaks and there could be an 80% chance that what you are seeing here is the final product. Apple will be going with a longer 4″ screen and thinner frame, along with a 19 pin connector smaller than previous models.
Image via [Gizmodo]
The secret behind the new charging port is that the FCC I believe has announced a few years back that by 2013 all phone companies must abide by the new law in which all new phones will share the same connecting charger (otherwise known as the micro USB (I believe). And thus Apple is releasing their next iPhone with that connection along with a couple of new products.
So the event would be held on September 12th and the next iPhone will be available on September 21st. This means all of you waiting out there to get your hands on a new iPhone hold off a bit longer and get ready for the next model. The iPhone will not be the only thing to be announced, it seems that 2 new iPhone cases will also be introduced one which is a bumper-like case and another with a built-in stand.
A new iPod touch matching the same screen size of the new iPhone will be announced not to mention a brand new nano featuring a longer design. The one more thing item will most likely be a 7.85″ iPad mini which might be available come this November (right before the Christmas shopping season). Alongside the new iPad mini will be a re-released newer iPad with the new connector as well as a newer design.
Of course all of these are rumors, and the probablity of them coming true is 1 in a million but sometimes, just sometimes your gut feeling tells you that there is a grain of truth to them. I am taking that truth and turning it into hope. Now comes the hard part of waiting for the actual new product announcements, and actually saving cash to grab them all!
Earlier last week, I became the proud mother of a brand new MacBook Pro Retina Display, on July 23rd 2012 to be exact. I couldn’t describe the happiness I felt at the prospect of holding my own customized child (yes I refer to my gadgets as children I’m weird like that). For those of you following me on Instagram and Twitter you got to deal with the whole conception process (the act of me placing the order on June 22nd) all the way until the credit card was deducted, the packages were shipped, the moment they arrived at my DHL Borderlinx box, all the way to the moment it got delivered to my home! It took 1 whole month but it was well worth the wait.
I have had a week to play around with it and I am basically in love, everything looks crystal clear on it and it’s super fast! Super thin and light as well it doesn’t really feel as heavy as my MacBook Pro 17″ but at the same time not as light as my MacBook Air 11″. In an upcoming post I will write about what I fell in love with in regards to the device but as for the moment I would like to share with you my unboxing pictures.
It seems to be that Ramadan is the holy month of eating as well as worshiping God hehe every restaurant is outdoing itself with their Ramadan offers and Lenotre – Gulf Road branch is joining the crowd if not leading it. This year they have a superb assortment of platters, desserts, traditional sweets and drinks that will extend the joy of the holy days.
So why don’t you visit them and enjoy their Ramadan Buffet.
Follow them on:
Phone: 1805050 (Ext 25)
A short while back I was notified by Rice Pudding of their special Ramadan offer. When it comes to food everyone goes crazy and with Rice Pudding they’ve announced a few new flavors for the holy month of Ramadan.
Their newest flavor is “Rose Water” with a choice of toppings such as: Saffron Cloud and Pistachio (they try their best to introduce a new concept of toppings) And for the month of Ramadan they are offering a set of 18 mini containers in a “Ramadan Box”.
One other thing is that they just started a home delivery service however they prefer if the customers were to call in advance considering the Ramadan traffic.
And the last bit of new information is that they have started a Catering option for the Ramadan Ghabgat in which they will cater for any event as they consider their “customers are our celebrities”. So if you’d like that then be sure to contact them on the below information.
Location: Nuzha Co-op Block 3 (Next to Starbucks)
I’m actually quite swamped with shout outs that I’d love to give out and so I apologize if it’s becoming too much on you guys but hey this might be interesting to you. Recently I was contacted by the National Gaming Union, who are a group of highly advanced and highly competitve video gamers with their newly organized Ramadan Gaming tournament.
This tournament is quite big to the extent that it is being sponsored by companies such as Wataniya Telecom, Al Rai TV, Fatburger, and so many more. The event will be held on 3 consecutive Fridays, in the Live Theatre – Discovery Mall, with each day holding a different gaming genre.
The tickets are available at 5KD per game and viewers enter for free. Tickets are being sold at Discovery Mall in front of Live Theatre and in Al Rehab Complex (Game Center). Once you start playing you might win a prize which could include mobile phones, gaming consoles, cash and wifi routers. First prize winners get KD 100 in cash, 1 XBox, Samsung Nexus Mobile and Wataniya Internet Device. Why not check it out?
For more information be sure to follow them:
[Twitter] [Instagram: @N_GamingUnion]