The Final Round of #ProjectX_KWT took place on Saturday Afternoon at Chef Boutique and boy was it fun! After a grueling round of cooking the winners were crowned at the end of the event at around 9:00 p.m. and everyone was able to relax and put it behind them! You are probably wondering as to who the winners were? I know I know, I have to get on with it but no, I think I will let you see for yourself who were the “Final 3″.
(P.S. I just spent the last hour coming up with this concept, the images are stock images I purchased online)
So now that you’ve seen the image, the winners were The El Derwaza Team consisting of Fahad and Amer, with the runner ups of Triple F & UrbanQ8 Team, and in third place The Triple Sisters. What exactly happened during the competition I wasn’t exactly sure as I arrived near the end of the competition where the teams were presenting their dishes to the judges and the judges were giving them their comments.
Apparently throughout the competition EVERY SINGLE TEAM did not put any “SALT” in their dishes or rather it wasn’t the amount the judges were looking for. (Is it our fault we want to give you a good healthy bland meal! :P) But needless to say, it was indeed a very fun competition and as you all know I deliberately lost in order to give my friends a chance to win :P (Yeah right! LOL!)
To find out more about what happened be sure to check the participants blogs later on this week [Triple Sisters], [Triple F], [UrbanQ8], [ElDerwaza], [Moody'N'Cheeky], [FroyoNation], and [The Side Talk]. Not only that but I bet my buddies [7ajiDude] and [PinkGirlQ8] will probably have some behind the scenes coverage!
Thanks to Chef Boutique, Ahmed Al Hendi, Basma from 13 Cups, Victor & Olga, all the Judges especially the awesome Diet Ninja, the Filming Team and of course the awesome helpers including Owlolive, you guys were awesome thanks for this insane competition!
On Thursday I took my cousins Toons and Issous along with Lujain out to see the newly released third installment of the Madagascar movie series entitled “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted” and needless to say [damn I need to find me some new words] I enjoyed this movie greatly.
If you haven’t been following the series in the first part the Central Park Zoo animals Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, and Gloria the hippo found their way to Africa when Marty decides that the Zoo life was boring. In the second part you see them try to live in Africa and try to find their way back home. With the new part you see their adventures going all the way into Europe still trying to find their way back.
Due to the evil penguins and smart ass monkeys gambling antics in Monte Carlo they became Europe’s Most Wanted when they crashed a Casino there and had to get on the run because Capitan DuBois (Head of Animal Control and a weird woman who collects animal heads) has her eyes on Alex because she wants to complete her collection of stuffed real animals! Anyways so they join the circus and all hell ensues!
This installment is my favorite of all installments the cartoon was a joy for adults (I’d like to think of myself as one) along with the children. We were laughing throughout the movie and well if you heard the “Circus Afro” song it will be stuck on rewind in your head which is what’s happening to me. The graphics were beyond amazing and well everything was great. Don’t believe me then check out the trailer!
One bad thing about it though is that this cartoon was censored in Kuwait. It’s a shame really I think they were referencing the “Cirque de Soleil” shows and mentioned that one of the shows was shot in the nude and that was cut out. I mean seriously! Other than that I would highly recommend you to watch it!
Last Wednesday (June 6th) I was invited personally by the awesome owners of Elevation Burger Kuwait (an unexpected phone call that shocked me to tell you the truth!) to attend the soft opening of their Al Hamra Tower branch located on the 1st floor right below the Cinemas. And being a self-proclaimed huge fan of Elevation Burger I decided to grab my partner in crime Lujain and headed over there to grab my favorite Elevation Burger.
I would like to take a moment to welcome my first ever sponsors on this blog, the Gulf Bank of Kuwait.
One of the awesome features of Gulf Bank is their Al-Danah draw and it is not too late for you to go open and deposit cash into an account and be eligible to enter the draw on the 500,000 KD, last date to deposit will be June 30th. And stay tuned on the 4th of July for the 250,000 KD draw. [More Info]
Upon turning 8 last month I have taken the decision to adopt the advertising tool on my blog since I’ve basically become more active than I was these past 2-3 years and thus hopefully I can generate a new income to help feed my gadget obsession. So with that, my first ever sponsors are the lucky people from the Gulf Bank of Kuwait.
Here’s hoping I might win anything! *Crosses Fingers*
So are you a student living in the US and looking for a good discount on the line up of Macs and iOS devices that Apple offers? Well they have recently announced this year’s Back to School’s savings plan. What you get is when you buy a Mac for college between June 11 and September 21 you will receive a $100 Back to School Gift Card to use on apps, books, music, and movies. One more thing, you can save more cash with the Apple Education Pricing by selecting your school before purchasing your new child.
But wait, what if you do not want a new Mac? Buy the new iPad and you can get a $50 Back to SChool Gift Card.
The rules for this whole shindig is that the special pricing is available at the Apple Online Store for Education, in which you have to be a college student, a student accepted to a college, a parent buying for a college student, or a faculty or staff member from any grade level.
Once you buy your Mac or iPad from the Apple Online Store for Education, the Apple Retail Store, or an Apple Authorized Campus Store, you will receive your Back to School Gift Card with your purchase.
The final part of WWDC 2012 featured the next generation of iOS named iOS 6. In iOS6 we will see 200 more features than those we see today and during the conference we got a glimpse at some of them. So without further ado, check out below to find out what’s new in iOS 6.
- Maps: Apple has decided to end it’s relationship with Google Maps and designed its own maps application that changes the way you see the world. The elements are vector based so the graphics and text are well detailed and zooming in is smoother than before. You can now get visual and spoken turn-by-turn navigation and real time traffic updates with an ability to re-route your destination.
- Siri: Siri will understand more languages and work in more countries as it will almost leave it’s beta stage. It will also be available on the iPad. Siri will provide you with the latest scores/stats for your favorite teams/players; show you the latest reviews and showtimes for your movies; find best restaurants and make reservations among other things. It can even open your apps for you without the need to tap anything.
- Facebook Integration: Last year with iOS5 we saw Twitter getting a full integration with the iOS, this year we get to experience the whole thing over with Facebook. You can now Share a photo from within your gallery, Post your location from within Maps, Share a link from within Safari and so much more. Not only that but you can integrate Facebook Events with your Calendar and see your Friend’s profile information within Contacts app.
- Shared Photo Streams: You can show share selected photos with a specific audience by just simply selecting the photos from the Photos app, tap the Share button, and chose who you want to share the photos with. Friends with iCloud and an iOS6 device or Mac running Mountain Lion will get to see the photos delivered immediately into their iPhoto/Photo app.
- Passbook: The most important feature I fell in love with and I found to be the next generation of everything happens to be Passbook. With this feature your boarding passes, movie tickets, retail coupons, loyalty cards, and so much more can all be grouped in one place. With the app you can scan your iPhone or iPod Touch to check in for your flight, get into the movie, or redeem a coupon. It can also be location-based (i.e. You walk into Starbucks, your Starbucks card will pop up on the Lock Screen and you slide to open the app see the card right there to use it). Simply gorgeous!
- FaceTime: It will be available over cellular networks and not only Wifi.
- Phone: The Phone app will also receive an update in which it adds new calling features to your iPhone, when you decline a call you can instantly reply with a text message or set a callback reminder.
- Do Not Disturb: Now this feature I will absolutely love! When you are in a meeting or in bed and you do not want to be disturbed by the multiple notifications or calls or messages you can turn this feature on and it will block anything from showing up on your screen so you can be disconnected from the world for a temporary time period. The added bonus is that you can time it so that it activates automatically for a scheduled time period.
- Mail: With Mail app you now have a VIP box which allows you to set up a list of VIP people whom you do not want to miss a message from. You also have a special box dedicated to them. Adding photos and videos to emails has now become easier and you can refresh your mailboxes by swiping down!
- Safari: A better browsing experience has just been achieved for the Safari app in which the newly announced “iCloud Tabs” will be available which keeps track of pages that are open on all your iOS and OSX devices. Safari on your phone will save web pages not just links in your Reading list and you can now have an offline reading experience. A full screen landscape mode has been added as well as an easier sharing experience from within the app.
- Accessibility: There is now Guided Access which makes the phone easier to use for people with vision, hearing, learning and mobility disabilities. Kids with autism will have a better experience with using iOS devices as well as other users.
- Lost Mode: If you lost your phone you will now be able to find it easier by allowing the “Find My iPhone” app to send a message displaying a contact number which when clicked allows the person who found it to call you and tell you that they found your phone.
- Remodeled Stores: The App Store, iBooks Store, and iTunes Store will all get a facelift and be easier to navigate.
- New Features for China: Chinese users will benefit from a lot of new features I won’t really get into them but they include new fonts, integrated searching services, new dictionary, and more.
Those were only a few of the features mentioned in the keynote and more will be appearing later. Currently it is available for iOS developers with a Fall launch date for the rest of the masses. I’ll be installing mine sometime this weekend hopefully!
The main focus every year with the WWDC happens to be the software and less on the hardware but due to the fact that the MacBook line didn’t receive it’s updated line this year they combined the two. This year was no different, it started with the new OSX “Mountain Lion” which will be available next month (July) through the Mac App Store for the price of 19.99$ and all Macs purchased starting today will receive the upgrade for free; and had a lot of new features most of which we discussed earlier this year [here] but we saw a number of new features during the event, some of which include:
- Dictation: This new feature will be integrated throughout the OS and will allow you to dictate in any application. (i.e. Say what you want your computer to type out)
- iCloud Tabs: This new feature in Safari allows you to show all tabs open in Safari on all other iOS devices and Macs logged in to the same iCloud account (Think Google Chrome Synchronization) Safari also gets a unifed search and address bar to simplify it’s interface.
- Power Nap: This brand new feature will be specific to the new MacBook Pro Retina Display & 2nd generation+ MacBook Airs only and what it basically does is it allows your computer to update itself while it’s charging and sleeping. Your new emails will be downloaded, Time Machine will automatically back up, application updates will be applied and everything will be done while your baby is getting a power nap.
- Sharing within OS: You can now share anything interesting from within the apps you’re in to Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and Vimeo.
Previous features of Mountain Lion included: Messages (having iMessage in your OS), Reminders, Notes, Notification Center, Game Center and more.
Available this July via the Mac App Store for $19.99 (one purchase can be applied to all the Macs you own). However it is available for the Developers today.