Apple finally brought the “One more thing” back with the announcement of the Apple Watch. This watch is one of the most beautiful watches I have ever seen. The slight glitch here though is that it won’t be available until Early 2015 but hey that means I get to have more time to save up and grab it! The watch us designed to be both fashionable and functional and comes with six different types of watch straps that are interchangeable. The price starts at $349 and goes up with each different watch face/edition. We were given a glimpse into the life of the Apple Watch and here is what’s up with it.
- Six different watch face colors and materials: Stainless Steel, Silver Aluminum, 18-Karat Yellow Gold, Space Black Stainless Steel, Space Grey Aluminum, and 18-Karat Rose Gold
- Three Collections also available:
- Watch Collection: Stainless Steel or Black Stainless Steel cases with range of metal and leather bands
- Watch Sport Collection: Anodized Aluminum cases in silver or space gray with colorful, durable bands
- Watch Edition: 18-Karat Gold cases in Yellow or Rose with exquisitely crafted bands and closures
- Two sizes: 38mm and 42mm
- Sapphire display with a touch screen
- Digital Crown as a method of navigation or “home button” on the watch
- Pressure-sensing technology
- Taptic Engine
- New S1 processor
- Magsafe Wireless charging through the back zirconia crafted four sapphire lenses which also detect pulse rate
- Gyroscope and accelerometer which means it can replace fitness bands
- Fitness and Workout apps available
- NFC for Apple Pay support.
Personally I’m dying here waiting for this beautiful watch! It’s insanely gorgeous and I have never seen anything that beautiful ever! I’m debating highly getting the rose-gold edition with a couple of straps but have to see how pricing works out there. Couldn’t Early 2015 come here sooner!
In today’s special Apple event we witnessed another milestone in the iPhone history. We were introduced to the new larger, thinner, and insanely better iPhones. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6Plus. Both phones will be available for pre-order on September 12 (this Friday) and available for purchase on September 19. iOS8 will be available as a free download on September 17.
What’s new in the iPhones?
- Retina HD display (The 6 will have 1334 x 750 display at 326 ppi & 6Plus will have 1920 x 1080 at 401 pip). That means they will have up to 2 million more pixels than existing phones
- Next generation 64-bit A8 chip which delivers 25% faster CPU performance and 50% more energy efficient
- Next generation M8 processor with a new barometer that calculates steps, stairs, calories, etc.
- 20 LTE Bands with higher speeds and VoLTE (Voice over LTE) technology
- 3 times faster Wifi with Wifi Calling
- Thin (The 6 will be 6.9mm thin while the 6Plus is 7.1mm)
- Battery life (The 6 has Up to 14hrs talk time on 3G, 6Plus has 24hrs talk time on 3G)
- New Camera System with new 8MP sensor, along with circular true-tone flash, and FOCUS PIXEL technology which gets better autofocus points. As well as Image stabilization system (digital in the iPhone 6 and optical in the iPhone 6Plus)
- Video capabilities have improved where they both shoot in 1080P at 30fps and 60fps, along with 240fps for slo-mo video.
- Front-facing FaceTimeHD has a new sensor with f2.2 aperture that lets in 81% more light. SELFIES ARE BETTER NOW!
- Both come in three colors: Space Grey, Silver, and Gold
- Both come in three sizes: 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB (no more 32GB!)
16GB [$649] around 187 KWD (without tax and shipping)
64GB [$749] around 215 KWD (without tax and shipping)
128GB [$849] around 244 KWD (without tax and shipping)
16GB [$749] around 215 KWD (without tax and shipping)
64GB [$849] around 244 KWD (without tax and shipping)
128GB [$949] around 273 KWD (without tax and shipping)
It’s that time of the year, fall, when the leaves start falling and Apple prepares to announce their latest iPhone! I can’t bloody wait for the announcement!
You can watch a live stream of the event over at Apple.com/Live or follow some gadget blogs such as Engadget, Gizmodo, TheVerge, or MacRumors. I will personally be live tweeting the event over on Twitter, so be sure to follow me @Jacquies!
— Jacqui (@Jacquies) September 9, 2014
I apologize in advance for the flood of iPhone related tweets and going fanboy crazy :P
These past couple of weeks, hell these past couple of years I have felt the least bit like myself than I have ever in my life. Wait do you think that makes sense? What I mean to say that there are more days than I can count where I felt I am a different person and not that “Somebody that I used to know.. somebodyyyyyy..” (ok enough singing!). Life has a funny way of catching up with you and just either dragging you down, that is if you let it or lifting you up.
One of my recent troubles lately is that I now understand why government jobs for those of us who love to work or love to produce are more like a death sentence than anything else. There are days at work where I have NOTHING to do at all, and then there are those where everyone just remembers that I exist and pile up pointless work on top of me. I am pretty much a glorified administrative assistant (see what I did there, I just flipped Secretary to Admin Assistant :P). I mean I am baffled by how crazy things are, for example a menial job would be: Person A writes an official paper then calls for Person B and C to sit down together and proof-read the paper by, and I am serious here, by sitting down and having Person B read along from the new document while Person C follows on the previous document. Since when does proof-reading take 2 people? The things one sees in the government sector.
I miss the private sector, I miss being able to accomplish something. In all my previous jobs I felt a sense of gratification and satisfaction when I saw that one thing I made come to life. Whether it was during my Banking days when I would help out customers by opening accounts, applying for loans, or whatever they wanted those who were in dire straits and got their money in a speedy manner were ever so thankful and just made you feel “Oh wow, I am totally awesome!” or even my Newspaper days where I would go in and pick out the stories I wanted to share with the readers and just edit and organize things so people can read the paper. I would open it the next day and say to myself “HEY I MADE THIS!” It was just totally awesome.
At least I still have my blog to make me feel awesome, and the fact that the more experiences I drum up and add to my roster the better a person I can be with all that knowledge. I really truly like learning everything it doesn’t matter what but its just fun because then I know how things work (remember that book back in the day?) and that allows me to deal with things in a better manner.
Anyways enough ranting, and do enjoy my Fall 2014 TV posts below because I know some of you live for them! :P
[Disclaimer: Article was provided by Social Monsters]
For those of us who live for fandom, the San Diego Comic Con is heaven with good WiFi. Seeing props from the past ignite our passion, but seeing ones from the future awaken our imaginations. This is where we get our teasers, create our theories, and sometimes decide whether or not the upcoming spectacular will live up to our standards. This year’s Comic Con delivered with sneak peeks into the upcoming Marvel universe, The Games franchise, and video games turned movie.
And we’re down to the last part of the lists, NBC has green lighted the most shows with 13 on the new roster but will air only 6 this fall. The problem with NBC is that they always approve a lot and by mid-season they just discard the ones they didn’t air yet. Late May the list had 14 new shows and by mid-summer they kicked one off! So let’s get to the list.
We are almost done with the lists now, just one more left after this one. FOX is one of those networks famous for pretty much AMERICAN IDOL and its animated Sundays, this season they green-lighted (gave the OK) for ten new shows a couple of which are limited time series which means once this season is over they will just disappear. This Fall we will see the airing of four of those ten shows and so let’s get cracking!