The main focus in the Apple “Spring Forward” event has been the Apple Watch, where we were supposed to get more information about the watch and find out the pricing and availability. The Apple Watch will be available in 9 countries which included: United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and the United Kingdom. The cost however ranges from $349 – $10,000+ and there will be two models 38mm and 42mm model. Bands will retail for between $49 and $449 with additional magnetic chargers costing $29 for 1-meter cable and $39 for a 2-meter cable.
The Apple Watch is said to have 18 hours of mixed usage and up to 72 hours on power reserve, meaning it should go on All day. You can use the watch to access apps, respond to messages, workout, and so much more.
- Apple Watch Sport starts at $349 for the 38mm model and $399 for the 42mm model
- Apple Watch starts at $549 – $1049 for the 38mm model and $599 – $1099 for the 42mm model depending on the band you select
- Apple Watch Edition is a limited edition 18 karat rose gold or yellow gold and it starts at $10,000 and goes as high as $19,000.
This watch is available for pre-order on April 10 and ships April 24.
I’m thinking of an Apple Watch Sport which comes in aluminum instead of the stainless steel with a probably green sport band and I’ll probably get a second band which is either the Milanese Loop ($149) or the Midnight Blue Modern Buckle ($249) or perhaps in pink. I never can make up my mind but that’s the best thing you can always mix and match your watch.
During the event, Apple has also announced a slight update on its MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro line-up. If you bought one recently then hard luck but this update shouldn’t make you want to get rid of your existing device (yet).
What’s new in the 11″ and 13″ MacBook Air?
- Upgraded to 5th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors
- Thunderbolt 2
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Faster Flash
- Longer battery life
What’s new in the 13″ MacBook Pro Retina?
- Brand new Force Touch TrackPad
- Upgraded to 5th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors with Turbo Boost speeds
- 2x Faster flash
- Faster Integrated Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- Improved 10 hour battery life (from 9 hours previously)
All three devices can be purchased starting today on the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, etc.
So, the Apple event just concluded its two hours of announcements, where we were given news about a bunch of things, one of the most important and personally something I’ve been waiting for and hoping would happen, and was actually the reason why I didn’t get myself a MacBook Air 11″ last trip to the US was the unveiling of the brand new 12-inch MacBook Retina named “MacBook”. The beautiful child joins the existing MacBook line-up and promises you the following features at a starting price of $1299.
- 12-inch Retina Display with a resolution of 2304 x 1440 beauty (more screen capacity on such a tiny device!)
- It weighs 2 pounds and is 24% thinner than existing MacBook Air at 13.1mm, Lighter & Thinner than ever!
- Comes in Space Grey, Silver, and beautiful stunning Gold. (I’m grabbing the gold, like anyone can stop me right now!)
- Redesigned Keyboard that makes it more stable and precise. Also the keyboard is edge-to-edge which gives you 17% more surface area.
- Revamped Trackpad with built-in Force Touch. It can detect the amount of pressure placed on the trackpad and gives you a whole range of new gestures.
- Intel Core-M processor that starts at 1.1 GhZ with Intel HD 5300 Graphics.
- First Fanless MacBook.
- 67% smaller Logic board in a MacBook with lots of batteries surrounding it.
- All-Day battery life with 9 hours of web browsing and 10 hours of iTunes movie playback.
- One single USB-C port for charging power, USB data transfer, DisplayPort, HDMI and VGA capabilities (adapters sold separately).
All this beauty will begin shipping on Friday, April 10 through Apple Online and Apple Retail Stores. I’m getting the extra cash and trying to save up for it!
I’m personally grabbing the high-end $1599 MacBook in gold. I believe we kind of have our next generation 12″ PowerBook G4 now :P This is the one we’ve been waiting for!
So it’s been a while and I’ve been letting the news pile up so I can share as much as I can in one shot. I can do so now without any worry really and you can enjoy staying up to date with pretty much everything I tell you. Anyways let’s get on to what was renewed and what was cancelled?
- BROADCHURCH has been renewed for Season 3 (UK)
- MAN SEEKING WOMAN has been renewed for Season 2 by FXX
- BABY DADDY has been renewed for Season 5 by ABC Family
- HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER has been renewed for Season 2 by ABC
- MOZART IN THE JUNGLE has been renewed for Season 2 by Amazon
- LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER has been renewed through Season 4 by HBO
- BEAUTY & THE BEAST has been renewed for Season 4 by The CW
- BANSHEE has been renewed for Season 4 by Cinemax
- THE LIBRARIANS has been renewed for Season 2 by TNT (YAY!)
- PORTLANDIA has been renewed through Season 7 by IFC
- GETTING ON has been renewed for final Season 3 by HBO
- UNFORGETTABLE has been revived for Season 4 by A&E
- GRIMM has been renewed for Season 5 by NBC
- LAW & ORDER: SVU has been renewed for Season 17 by NBC
- THE BLACKLIST has been renewed for Season 3 by NBC
- CHICAGO PD has been renewed for Season 3 by NBC
- CHICAGO FIRE has been renewed for Season 4 by NBC
- BEING MARY JANE has been renewed for Season 3 by BET
- TOGETHERNESS has been renewed for Season 2 by HBO
- ALLEGIANCE has been cancelled by NBC after 5 episodes
- GARFUNKEL AND OATES has been cancelled by IFC after 1 Season
- INTRUDERS has been cancelled by BBC America after 1 Season
- JESSIE will not be returning after Season 4
- GROUND FLOOR has been cancelled by TBS
- MELISSA & JOEY has been cancelled by ABC Family
- THE MCCARTHYS has been pulled by CBS (likely cancelled)
- ATLANTIS has been cancelled after 2 Seasons by BBC
- LOST GIRL will be airing its 5th and final Season on Friday, April 17
- BITTEN will be returning to SyFy on Friday, April 17
- OLYMPUS will debut on SyFy on Thursday, April 2
- ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK will return for Season 3 on Friday, June 12
- SENSE8 will debut on Netflix on Friday, June 5
- WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER will debut on Netflix on Friday, July 17 (must watch!)
- UNDER THE DOME will return for Season 3 on Thursday, June 25
- ZOO will debut on CBS on Tuesday, June 30
- EXTANT will return for Season 2 on Wednesday, July 1
- TURN returns for Season 2 on Monday, April 13
- PENNY DREADFUL will return for Season 2 on Sunday, May 3
- HANNIBAL will return for Season 3 on Thursday, June 4
And that’s it for the recent TV news… hope your favorite shows were saved :P
Since its a nice long holiday weekend I thought it best to share some funky tips provided to me by a Guest Writer from SocialMonsters. If you’re traveling I hope you enjoy these tips and have fun at your next destination if not then maybe they will be helpful for later :)
Travel can be a fun and even magical experience, but it can also be a bit on the stressful side. From trying to make your connecting flight to finding your way around an unfamiliar city, even the most seasoned traveler feels overwhelmed at times. One way to ease the burden of traveling – both literally and figuratively – is to pack as light as you can. In addition to being a lot easier to carry, a lightweight suitcase will save you on spendy bag fees from the airlines. To pack as lightly as possible and still bring what you need on your next vacation, consider the following tips.
1. Start with the Bag
Before you start packing, put your empty suitcase on the scale – the number might surprise you. If your favorite suitcase is more than a few years old, chances are good it’s pretty heavy all on its own. It’s time to upgrade to a newer, lighter option. Look for a suitcase that weighs less than six pounds empty. Briggs & Riley make a variety of lightweight, high-quality suitcases that look good, too.
And you get one carry-on, so go with a larger, functional bag that still meets the size requirement of the TSA. Guys might choose a nice laptop case or briefcase with lots of compartments for extra goodies, and gals can check out this “Getaway Chic” Pinterest page for cute carry-on bags.
2. Make Your Packing List
Next, create your packing list or use one you find online. And then – just to really hammer home how much stuff you intend to bring – go ahead and spread everything out on your dining room table or bed. Go through each item and ask yourself if you will really use it on your vacation. Remember, you’re not packing to survive any and all weather conditions; you just need to bring the basics. To further lighten your load, call the hotel and ask if they have certain amenities on hand for guests – hotels commonly supply hair dryers, irons and even bathrobes. (Or use the one I provided a while back ;))
3. Pack Smart
Both gents and ladies can pack smart and remain fashionable. Bring basics in neutral shades with matching dress shoes and one pair of good walking shoes. Instead of bringing a giant jacket, plan on bringing layers that you can add or remove while you’re at your destination. Ladies, bring one designer handbag that will carry you through daytime sightseeing and nights on the town. Coach makes gorgeous totes that will last you for years to come.
4. Downsize What You Can
Bring travel sizes of shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash, lotion, sunscreen and other needed items. If you can’t find your beloved shampoo in a tiny bottle at your local store, order refillable TSA-approved travel bottles from Brincatti and fill them with your favorite toiletries. This tip alone can reduce your load by several pounds, and your back will thank you.
As always, the right preparation will help ensure a successful trip. Now go have fun on your next adventure.
Why is it that whenever I pick up a book and start reading and losing myself in this other world I just smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I just feel happy.
Don’t get me started when a hilarious conversation or scene takes place, I would be lying in bed reading or on my favorite chair and all you’d hear is a loud laugh and my usual “Oh no he didn’t!” or she if it called for that but its always the men in the book that crack me up because men are crazy! :P
TV has gotten in the way of reading but I am trying to just ban TV shows for a few hours and spend them with a book maybe that will help me regain that sort of aloof feeling and happy one.
What about you? Do you have certain reading habits? Do you like reading to begin with? I personally try to read historical romances just because I like to get lost in that world. I don’t really need dark, deep fiction, or books that will teach me stuff. I find myself more enjoyable with my favorite genre.
P.S. When I read I imagine myself as living there, dressing as they dress, and interacting as the others do, hell I imagine myself the heroine sometimes if she’s not too whiny!
I have missed writing thoughts and feelings in my blog as a way of venting out emotions and all that jazz, right now most of my friends know about this blog and pretty much I have lost a sort of anonymity I had before so I can never share too much of myself as I did in my earlier years.
I recently started keeping a separate blog as a journal, diary of sorts just to share my deepest thoughts. And ironically I find myself writing more there than I would here. Could it be that all this commercialization of blogging made me lose my voice?
I seem to also be a bit more active on Instagram with my TV Impression posts than I am here, would reposting them here make a difference? Would others wish to read them instead of going onto my Instagram account. I don’t know, I don’t know who I am anymore, I am Jacqui but not fully Jacqui maybe I have a new personality or persona emerging from all this.
I started out as “Jackie” a kind sweet natured girl and later on I discovered I had an evil naughty fun side which morphed into “Jacqui” now I guess I am a boring version of myself?