OMG I just had to write this regardless of how when what where! I just had to!
I was just checking my Instagram feed and well I’m following my ultimate favorite guy, hell he’s my TV Husband #1 Ian Somerhalder from “The Vampire Diaries” and I commented on a picture he put up there!
And guess what?
He personally replied to only my comment and I went bonkers! I seriously did!!!! I can’t believe it!
Gosh I’m so excited! 2012 you are starting off on an excellent start! I love you already! And I love you Ian Somerhalder too!!!!
So Zain has created an awesome unique competition marking their arrival on Instagram (it’s the hippeset place to be at right now!) I participated for the sake of participation and in hope to see if I am creative enough or not. But you too can participate if you follow the below rules.
Zain’s Instagram is: @ZainKuwait
Mine is: @Jacqui [Be sure to vote for my image on Zain Kuwait]
All you need to win is..
1. Take any picture with Zain logo, Name or a product.
2. Send it by email to Instagram.firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Attach the picture, and your account name.
4. Zain will upload the photo on @ZainKuwait account and people will like the picture.
5. The competition will start today, and voting will end on Saturday night 11:59 pm
6. Most 5 liked pictures will get the Zain Camping bag
Good Luck to you all, and may the best photo win!
UpdGuess what bloggers?
Bloggers Gathering is organizng the first open day at ACK (Australian College of Kuwait) on the 7th of January 2012. This day is an open day organized by Bloggers Gathering, sponsored by Zain and hosted by ACK.
The open day has a full set of activities such as:
- Playstation Tournament
- Street Basket Ball
- BBQ Lunch
- Movie Night
- Car Boot Sale
To register/book your car boot sale spot (20KD for Public & 10 KD for ACK Students) and Street Basket Ball (10KD)
Visit ACK Marketing Department to sign up. Don’t miss it, it’s a wonderful day. There will be amazing prizes, gifts and activities.
Please spread the word!
Thanks to the Bloggers Gathering Team for sending this in!
Update: Thanks to a commenter I had previously made an error in the Blog Title it’s ACK and not AUK. Must’ve been on my mind somehow :/
The people over at Auction Kuwait are giving you guys an amazing offer and deal for the New Year!
Imagine being able to purchase an iPhone 4S 64GB or iPad 2 64GB 3G+ Wifi for 1 KD? Yes that is the offer! The bidding starts at 1KD and to join and bid it’s all for free.
- They are two independent (seperate auctions)
- Joining & Bidding is 100% free of charge
- You can add as many bids as you want
- The item will be sold to the highest bidder for the amount he/she had bid for it
You can check out how the website works through the below video.
Enjoy and have fun! Offer ends 48 hours after it begins on Sunday 01/01/2012!
Thanks to their Social Media team for giving us the heads up.
Earlier this week, our good friend Salem from The Fixtures Q8 conducted an interview with me and published it on his blog. Unfortunately I went on for too long but for those of you who want to know more about me and the blog head on over there and read it!
Read the Interview [Here]
Thanks Salem for the awesome Interview and for being amazing as always!
As usual it has come down to that time of the year where you review your year and see whether it was worthwhile or not really worth it. And looking back at my previous posts (I really did write some amazing stuff back in the day) I noticed a quote I once said back in 2006 and well I am very proud of it. So before I review my year, I’d like to share with you that this is and will forever be my mantra in life.
I am a better person, I am a wiser person, I am who I am and I am proud of it. I will love myself first and foremost, I will find the silver lining in everything that happens to me, and I am stronger than any darkness that will ensue itself around me. I am me!
[Mentioned in "The Review of 2007"]
I never thought I was that wise to say words that are as inspiring as those but it appears to be that I am.
- The year started off calmly, nothing special happen in my life. Although all around the world the protests began to happen as early as the 3rd week in January.
- I began to purchase a lot of gadgets/accessories/etc all because of the launch of Sheeel.com they are the reason for my endless spending.
- I purchased many Apple goodies! iPad 2 (the dilemma I went through to get it), MacBook Pro 17″ (since I sold my iMac 27″ for some issues), iPhone 4S (because I’m a freak like that), I think it was the same year I got a second iPad 2 (which I gave Lujain), iPod Touch 4th generation, iPod Classic, and iPod Shuffle. I ended this year with a surprise birthday gift from mother the latest MacBook Air 13″ (pimped out!)
- I got the Kindle Fire as my birthday present from myself, Polaroid Z340, FujiFilm Instax 210, and many more awesome items which made me a happy camper!
- I went to the US twice this year, once in April – May where I did an ‘audit’ visit at my sisters I hit Omaha, Nebraska where I had my adventure of purchasing a sold out iPad 2; Columbus, Ohio where I enjoyed shopping until dropping; and last but not least New York City, New York where I attended 2 Broadway shows [Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Avenue Q] and “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon!” My next visit was in June – July where I spent my time in New York City, I saw 2 more shows and shopped until I dropped and just had so much fun!
- I quit the banking industry!
- I started a job which became something that I loved to do! Telling people what to read and when to read it! (teehehehe)
- My bestie got married and my other close friend got married too!
- I got a brand new cousin on August 3rd, Baby Salman!
- My favorite online author Danderma published her book and I attended her book signing!
- I met amazing new friends in the blogging world most of which I knew ages ago but saw them for the first time at events.
- Attended a bunch of Social Media Events: Danderma’s Book Signing, Exclusive Zain Visit, Zain Ghabga, VIVA Ghabga, Zain Q&A, Bloggers Union, Gulf Bank Draw featuring Abdullah Ruwaished, Crush It!, BEST Al Yousifi Al Rai Re-opening & Girls Night Out. These are among the ones I remember at the moment.
- I got braces, something I’ve been postponing since I was 11 years old! Well actually since I started working since dad was busy working and didn’t have time for his favorite one.
- Mada Internet!
- The death of Steve Jobs in October :(
- The death of Steve Jobs in October :(
- The death of Steve Jobs in October :(
- I joined a gym earlier in the year but ended up going there for only 4 months. Stopped going afterwards because I was too lazy.
- My sisters were all abroad except for Lujain which meant a quiet home for a full year except during holidays.
- I got the failing Blackberry Playbook and it’s gathering dust somewhere in my room, not to mention the HP Touchpad which is somewhere around the house.
- Not blogging as much as I wanted to last year.
- Kuwait Cap when the internet was capped at 2GB per day!
I believe that’s pretty much it for now but all in all it was an “okay” year nothing too special and nothing to harmful happened! I hope that 2012 is an awesome year once that is insanely amazing that kicks every other years ass! Seriously I loved 2006 so maybe since 6 x 2 = 12 then 12 will be an awesome year! Nonetheless I wish you all a happy last few days of 2011 and a very Happy New YEAR!
With the last days of this month I have decided to stop mourning my beloved Steve Jobs completely. The color black will disappear in a way from this page yet Steve will always and forever be in our hearts! Feast your eyes on my latest creation (this time without the help of the sister who shall not be named [Yes I am insinuating that you are Lord Voldemort!])
Even though most of you saw a sneak peek of my newly designed character and some features of it my design with my gelaskins I think now you can see another version of it. Every element in the header represents something that is near and dear to me and well, this year I am hoping to instill a few holiday cheers within each banner (sort of bringing back Vintage Jacqui [something a majority of you haven't seen because you are new]).
Anywho, enjoy and share your thoughts and ideas. I wanted to go with a major change yet I thought this was major enough :D